Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bfarns

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Hello,
I skimmed the BTS promotion and didn't see any mention of the refurbish store. Here's my situation/question:
I purchased a refurbished notebook this week that is in the mail on its way to me. With the notebook, I used my educator's discount to add the Apple Care warranty program.... Would I have a shot at getting the $100 gift card.... Recent posts in this thread say they called customer service and were getting gift cards emailed.... None mentioned a refurbished notebook, so hence my question.

Thank you for any constructive responses, have a good week.

magicbumone

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2007
Oregon
Hello,
I skimmed the BTS promotion and didn't see any mention of the refurbish store. Here's my situation/question:
I purchased a refurbished notebook this week that is in the mail on its way to me. With the notebook, I used my educator's discount to add the Apple Care warranty program.... Would I have a shot at getting the $100 gift card.... Recent posts in this thread say they called customer service and were getting gift cards emailed.... None mentioned a refurbished notebook, so hence my question.

Thank you for any constructive responses, have a good week.

Refurbished Mac don't qualify for BTS promotion. Apple won't give you a $100 gift card....if you bought new then, yes.

Jordo!

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
United States
Hope everyone has got what they wanted today! I bought my Macbook Pro and I can't wait to get it! Does anyone know if you can use the $100 gift card in the Apple store towards an iPad?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Hope everyone has got what they wanted today! I bought my Macbook Pro and I can't wait to get it! Does anyone know if you can use the $100 gift card in the Apple store towards an iPad?

The gift card can only be used for iTunes, App Store, iBookstore.

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Thanks! I think it would be nice though if it was just a $100 gift card to be used on products

A lot of other people would like that too...(myself included), but you know, gotta nudge people into the App store ecosystem.

I put in my order for a new Air the other night, glad I waited it out. I can use the money from selling the card to pick up a sleeve and put the rest towards replacing my Airport Express.

MBA2013

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2013
Do you guys know how long it takes for Apple to deliver something to you once you order it with them online? I configure my MBA to 8gb/512gb. Not sure how long it would take for them to put those together and then ship it out, and also how long the shipping actually takes when ordering from apple.

Kimster19

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2013
Just placed my order for my Mac Pro. So glad I waited. I'm really excited since I'm a PC user and finally made the transition over. The educational pricing and $100 iTunes gift card was the extra push I needed. :)

I just have a quick question. Do you need virus protection? I have virus protection on my PC and I like the freedom of not having to be careful or worry since I stream a lot of videos and download files frequently. Is getting virus protection for Mac a good idea?

magicbumone

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2007
Oregon
Just placed my order for my Mac Pro. So glad I waited. I'm really excited since I'm a PC user and finally made the transition over. The educational pricing and $100 iTunes gift card was the extra push I needed. :)

I just have a quick question. Do you need virus protection? I have virus protection on my PC and I like the freedom of not having to be careful or worry since I stream a lot of videos and download files frequently. Is getting virus protection for Mac a good idea?

I've never had Anti-virus software on my Mac. You don't need it and be a waste of money honestly. I hope you bought a MacBook Pro and not the old out dated Mac Pro that going to get a major update later this year. If you did I would cancel that order and wait to buy the new Mac Pro.

Kimster19

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2013
I've never had Anti-virus software on my Mac. You don't need it and be a waste of money honestly. I hope you bought a MacBook Pro and not the old out dated Mac Pro that going to get a major update later this year. If you did I would cancel that order and wait to buy the new Mac Pro.

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant to say, lol. What about Trojan horses?

Kacper244

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
Just wondering has anyone elses Macbook NOT shipped yet? My gift card shipped this morning but not the Macbook!

My gift card shipped 2 days ago and my MacBook Air (configured to 1.7GHz Intel Core i7) is "preparing for shipment" right now. It will be probably shipped out in the next hour or two. Did you configure your MacBook?

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Just wondering has anyone elses Macbook NOT shipped yet? My gift card shipped this morning but not the Macbook!

Yup, same here. Not a big deal, I wasn't expecting it to get here until next week or the week after anyway.

b738

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2013

I want to get the cMBP 13" is that ok?

Shabby173

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013

Mine shipped a couple hours after ordering. My macbook air is supposed to get here 7/9 and the card on 7/10 and a magsafe adapter i ordered with it is scheduled for 7/10. ordered all at once on 7/2

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Mine shipped a couple hours after ordering. My macbook air is supposed to get here 7/9 and the card on 7/10 and a magsafe adapter i ordered with it is scheduled for 7/10. ordered all at once on 7/2

Was yours a BTO or a stock model? Mine still hasn't shipped and I ordered it on the same day as you (mine is BTO). My card shipped on the 3rd though.

magicbumone

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2007
Oregon
I want to get the cMBP 13" is that ok?

The cMBP hasn't seen a update in while but current education pricing for them are good. I'm personally waiting for the rMBP update. It uncertain if Apple will continue the cMBP line or move to the MBA and rMBP for future computer lines. Its not a bad buy right now with the education pricing and BTS special. I say go for it if the new MBA doesn't fit your needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.