Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1
alberto56
macrumors newbie

How to get rid of "App Updates Available" notification

Hi all,

I am using Mac OS X 10.8.2. My employer used his iTunes account to add some apps to my account, and when I try to update them it says I need his password, which I don't have. The result is that updates are constantly available for my computer. I do not want notification center to let me know of these.

I went to System prefs > software updates and unchecked everything. I also went to System prefs > notifications and cannot find "App store" in the left column. Nonetheless I set all "Alert styles" to none.

The app store application itself does not seem to have any preferences.

Now, the problem is, (I think), Mac OS X already downloaded all the updates for apps which were initially downloaded with an iTunes account to which I do not have a password, so the system keeps pestering me (while I'm watching movies, for example), with a badge saying "App Updates Available New software is ready to be installed [details] [Update]".

How can I get completely rid of this? Thanks!

Albert.

----------

This might be overkill, but I tried the technique at http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/06/disab...bar-icon-os-x/ and, keeping my fingers crossed, this is working for now.
alberto56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:41 PM   #2
whiteonline
macrumors 6502

Buy the software and have your employer reimburse you if it is work related. If not work related, buy the software.
whiteonline is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:40 AM   #3
Nam Pla
macrumors member

Don't know the costs involved with these apps, and I'm assuming you refer to iPhone apps, but if it was me I'd delete the apps from the computer (in iTunes) and download them myself using my own account.
Nam Pla is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store