Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sonic 1992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Hello, I have a new Nissan Juke with iPhone intergration, but when I connect my iPhone, I would like to have album artwork displayed while playing on the iPhone.

But all you see is that annoying ugly "accessory connected" screen. I've tried installing (and wasting money) on apps that don't work.

My question is, Is there a way to have album artwork display on iPhone while connected to car stereo?

Thanks in advance for your help!! :)

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I also have a Nissan Juke. Welcome to the club. :) I love mine!

Hopefully, someone out there might have an answer to your question. I haven't looked into any way to make the artwork show on my iPhone while connected. I am guessing since you are controlling the functions through the head unit, it might not be possible.

Sonic 1992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
I also have a Nissan Juke. Welcome to the club. :) I love mine!

Hopefully, someone out there might have an answer to your question. I haven't looked into any way to make the artwork show on my iPhone while connected. I am guessing since you are controlling the functions through the head unit, it might not be possible.

Yeah, I was so disappointed that the stereo doesn't display album art. Just plain 'ol text information. :(

The most annoying thing, with that big screen on the stereo, it still cuts off information from track info, and there is totally enough room!

It would be nice if this was a toggle-able option on the iPhone in settings to show the artwork instead of that ugly accessory screen.

Are there any apps out there that will override that accessory screen?

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I've got the same issue just not the same vehicle. I have an aftermarket receiver that can only display text (it's not a big display). I plug it in via USB which allows me to control it through the receiver but then I get that same accessory connected. Kind of wish I could still control it through the phone since its easier to navigate with the touch screen to different artists or specific songs. It's not a big deal now. Just a minor inconvenience that I wish could change eventually.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, I was so disappointed that the stereo doesn't display album art. Just plain 'ol text information. :(

The most annoying thing, with that big screen on the stereo, it still cuts off information from track info, and there is totally enough room!

It would be nice if this was a toggle-able option on the iPhone in settings to show the artwork instead of that ugly accessory screen.

Are there any apps out there that will override that accessory screen?

No apps that I know of. I might just have to do a little research.

Totally agree about the track information! Although I think it only does that when I am listening to XM. I want to say it scrolls when listening to FM stations? Not sure though. There are a lot of times when I want to know the name of the artist or song and I can't see it. Might be too much to hope for a software update in the future.

Enjoy your Juke!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I think your cars stereo will have to support covert art amd may need some electronic box to allowmthis. My BMW has cover art but to supoortmthis required a comm box that supoorted media and it was a factory build optional extra

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
How do you know your Jukes radio supports this? How do you know your iPhone is capable of this? Why did you spend money before researching this more? :confused:

altaprod

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2006
California
I'm not sure the original question was answered

I have the same problem. When I first enter my car and the Bluetooth automatically syncs, the iPhone displays the artwork of the first song. After a few seconds the screen (on iPhone) goes dark. When the next song starts the album artwork doesn't appear on the iPhone screen. Is there a way to allow this or is the phone trying to save energy?

Thanks for any help!

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
How do you know your Jukes radio supports this? How do you know your iPhone is capable of this? Why did you spend money before researching this more? :confused:

He doesn't know.. hence the post..

I would assume this is one of those small things the OP didn't think of when picking out a vehicle...

altaprod

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2006
California
Maybe in settings? It must be possible!!!

:confused::confused:
I have the same problem. When I first enter my car and the Bluetooth automatically syncs, the iPhone displays the artwork of the first song. After a few seconds the screen (on iPhone) goes dark. When the next song starts the album artwork doesn't appear on the iPhone screen. Is there a way to allow this or is the phone trying to save energy?

Thanks for any help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.