Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster
I have an iPod touch G4, iOS 6.0. I want to download Crackle, but the "free" button appears to be pressed. My iPod did D/L it, but my daughter's, same parameters, cannot.

I sent an email to Crackle, and got their automated response saying essentially,

"We review these messages, but you'll never hear from us, because we're too busy reading Mad Magazine and eating peanuts. Good luck, sweetheart."

OB1 MacRumors, you're my only hope!

Last edited:

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster
Her iPod hasn't been synced yet > Christmas gift, used for kid stuff, so why sync anyway. She has her own everything, just like if you owned it. So, why won't the AppStore let her download Crackle so she can watch The Three Stooges?
It's bizarre to see the FREE button already pressed!

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster
This is so embarrassing! I am my own worst enemy. I had set my daughters iPod to allow only PG-13 and sweeter programming. Crackle will play ANYTHING, regardless of rating, so the iPod would not permit this possibly naughty movie playing program to be downloaded. I wonder if after downloading, I can restrict Crackle to PG-13 max programming. Hmmmm. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Just think of all the time I wasted on making King Lear and his queen costumes! LOL!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.