Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyndi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I bought my MacBook air for less than one month. I have not dropped it or placed anything heavy on it. There is now a cracked on my screen which is internal with no visible crack on the screen. I have not applied pressure on it. I have had other lap tips previously which did not cause me problems like this. I was told that apple products are stellar . I was convinced and happily spent more than what a normal android laptop would have cost me. I bought my lap top in Singapore .

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
You can call Apple and try to get it replaced, but you may have a hard time convincing them you have physical damage even though you didn't physically damage it.

Last edited:

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Sorry, but LCD panels dont just crack like that. I'm doubting your story but anyways you can try to convince Apple as stated above, but it's gonna be tough and they most likely wont buy it.

Other options include paying Apple to repair the panel or purchasing one from eBay and doing it yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.