Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
I was just after a bit of help if you have a minute.

Today safari decided it doesn't want to load certain websites. Some websites such a BBC news work. Others such as a page needed to accept a job offers do not.
I first thought it was my network however I can access the sites fine from an iPhone and Windows laptop. I can also access the site from FF and Chrome on my mac.

I have disabled the firewall, rebooted my mac, rebooted my router, reset safari, delete preferences and cache in Library. I have disabled plugins and extensions to no avail.

Is there anything more I can do short of a clean install?

Thanks.

mr.economy

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2009
I've had the same issues all day. I have AT&T U-Verse here in the US. Safari won't properly load Gmail, Facebook, Huffington Post, Politico, and others. Chrome and Firefox both load all sites just fine. I "reset" Safari to kill the cache/cookies/etc. but that didn't help. Reset U-Verse gateway, that didn't help. Reset Airport Extreme, that didn't help. I figured it was a DNS issue but it's weird that Chrome and Firefox would work using default DNS settings but not Safari.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
I guess it's a bug with the latest safari release. Hopefully others will find this topic when they search for a solution. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.