Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:40 PM   #26
steve119
macrumors 6502

I've just joined 3 and the network in the north east of Scotland is pants, but the fact I'm on unlimited data, and tethering which Tesco doesn't allow, I'm relatively happy.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:29 AM   #27
r-sparks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve119 View Post
I've just joined 3 and the network in the north east of Scotland is pants, but the fact I'm on unlimited data, and tethering which Tesco doesn't allow, I'm relatively happy.
I agree re: coverage. Three's coverage does seem to be pretty bad outside of major city centres. In our town (near a major city in England) my Three iPhone is useless at several spots. Last year on holiday near Buxton my partner could get a weak signal while I got nothing. At my parents I get zilch.

I complained about their coverage where I live and got into an extraordinarily long email chain. Ot that made me not want to bother in future. You'd think they'd have a system setup for this kind of thing but it was like I was the first person in the world to ever mention some places have a weak signal.
r-sparks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:50 AM   #28
MrMister111
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-sparks View Post
Three lets you see how much data you use each month. Every now and again I'd reach about 800MB but on most months it was less than 100MB.
How can you see how much data you've used on Three please, this would be handy for me to have a comparison, and to see what I need for the future.

I'm just using iPhone 5 built in usage at mo and reseting it.

cheers
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:59 AM   #29
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister111 View Post
How can you see how much data you've used on Three please, this would be handy for me to have a comparison, and to see what I need for the future.

I'm just using iPhone 5 built in usage at mo and reseting it.

cheers
Download the three mobile app from the AppStore. Make sure your on 3G not wifi and it's in there.

I love my 30 day rolling sim only 3 deal on the 25 one plan. Saves me a fortune.
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:09 AM   #30
MyRomeo
macrumors regular

Op, I know this is a few weeks old now but did you get sorted? Virgin mobile do sim only for 12 a month (30 day deal) that includes 200 mins and unlimited data, it also allows tethering (at least it works fine, I believe it's permitted!) just my 2p
MyRomeo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 02:09 PM   #31
MrMister111
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
Download the three mobile app from the AppStore. Make sure your on 3G not wifi and it's in there.

I love my 30 day rolling sim only 3 deal on the 25 one plan. Saves me a fortune.
All it says on mine is "all you can eat data" - included. Not how much I've actually used.
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 04:06 PM   #32
LoloBond
macrumors 6502

all those UK plans makes me cry...

LoloBond is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 05:06 PM   #33
Mercenary
macrumors 6502

Three have the best 3G coverage in the uk according to offcom.

Tethering is enabled on ALL plans, including PAYG. They only stop you if you regularly use 10's of GB of tethering a month.

Orange customer service is the worst. Good luck trying to ever get your phone unlocked.

Three will be enabling LTE for everyone for FREE later this year. For now they have DC-HSDPA which gives speeds of around 20mbps.

O2 have the worst 3G coverage according to ofcom.

I'm on threes 12.90 sim only deal with unlimited Internet.
Mercenary is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone