Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:25 AM   #3751
Magarif
macrumors newbie

Facetime/iMessage

Hi, I want to say thanks for everybody… i made a ML install on iMac (x1600) without MLpost factor. It works great. My question is: Does anybody knows what is main reason for FaceTime/iMesages not to work? Can somebody explain which part of mac communicates with apple server?
Magarif is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2014, 05:42 AM   #3752
bx5a
macrumors newbie

iMac 5,1

I just tried the x1600 method for MBP specified by gpatpandp on my iMac 5,1 with 128 MB x1600. It doesn't seem to work. That is, the installation goes fine but I can't get graphics to work. Did everything the same and repaired permissions.

EDIT: fixed by rebuilding kext cache. Also replaced the display with a Full HD one from RealMacMods, added an SSD and 3 GB RAM. Feels like an entirely new computer.

Last edited by bx5a; Apr 13, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
bx5a is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2014, 07:13 AM   #3753
kasimir61
macrumors newbie

Question For me not work - but i am basc in Mac

Hi Hackerwayne, sorry for my Question here. I have all done you show in Video on Youtube, but get by starting allways the Message, you use 10.6.8 but must have newer 10.7 to start this ????

Hmm, but icant not go higher than snow Leopard and all Updates - this is, why i wish to have mounntain Lion to install ;-)

Here are my MAC Datas..

Model Family:
iMac
Processor(s): 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDram
Display:
Size:
20"
Finish:
Matte
Resolution:
1680x1050
Backlight:
CCFL
Brand:
Apple
Wireless:
802.11a/b/g/n
Color(s):
White
Original OS:
Mac OS X 10.4.7
Graphics:
ATI Radeon X1600 (128MB)
Base Storage:
250GB 7200RPM SATA 3.5"
Optical Drive:
8x DL Superdrive
Model Number:
A1207
Sales Number(s):
MA589LL
Machine Number(s):
iMac5,1
Dimensions:
18.6in x 19.4 in x 7.4 in
Weight:
22 lb
Production:
Sep 6, 2006 - Aug 7, 2007
Factory:
Ireland
Production Year:
Production Week:
29 (July)
Production Number:

So means this - i have no Luck to update this one to Lion Mountain ??

Can you or any here help me with a little help forward, thank you very much and greets from Berlin in Germany..

Kasi
kasimir61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 06:11 AM   #3754
RV-ABZ
macrumors regular

Are you sure it's a 32bit CoreDuo that you have, not a 64bit Core2Duo? That's what you need as a minimum from Lion 10.7...

If it's a 2.16GHz C2D T7400 that you have (and that's what I expect to find in your 20" iMac5,1), indeed, you'll need to install & run Lion 10.7.5 (it's fully supported on that system) to be able to use MLPF and install ML on your iMac.

Last edited by RV-ABZ; Apr 13, 2014 at 06:20 AM.
RV-ABZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:35 PM   #3755
kasimcee
macrumors newbie

New fan of Mac/OS X

Hi, I think this is a WONDERFUL thread. I just spent my whole past weekend fixing my wife's old white early 2008 Macbook. I have pasted the details below. I discovered it was corrupted from Disk Utility and, using DiskWarrior, I was able to rebuild the directory. I never realized how amazing this old machine is. I did invest in upgrading the memory to 4gb (I wish I did the 6gb upgrade but I discovered afterwards that so many people have validated that its possible), but I never realized the performance boost I was expecting. However, after fixing the corrupt installation, organizing her files and clearing a lot of duplicate files and making space, the system is flawless. In fact, I'm happy and sad about it because part of me wanted an excuse to invest in a new Macbook Air but after using this, I see no need and I'm enjoying using her old Macbook more than my new Dell. Long story short, I spent hours gathering everything for installing Mountain Lion on my system and after failing to open MLPF successfully, I realized I missed the "Lion" requirement for getting ML on my system. I wanted to ask, if I have 10.6.8, then what is the most efficient method for me to get to ML or even Mavericks by now? Do I have to first upgrade to Lion, and then to ML or Mvrk? If so, how do I do that?

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f1
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
kasimcee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2014, 07:33 AM   #3756
paul4tune
macrumors newbie

mac pro 1.1

when would the update be available for mac pro 1.1,i have a mac pro 1.1 2x3GHZ QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 16 GIG RAM
i cant use some of my programs because i cant update to mountain lion i think its a disgrace forcing people to buy new computers

thanks for any help given
paul4tune is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2014, 02:29 PM   #3757
ShiryuX
macrumors member

Post iMessage/FaceTime & 10.8.5 Upgrade

Hello all

I've been away from the thread for a while as after having resolved some issues my iMacs were running great! But recently I'm experiencing some issues with FaceTime/iMessage on them and could use some help.

I have two 24" late-2006 iMacs which are running MLPF 0.3 with 10.8.4.
After having recently acquired an iPad, I could finally FaceTime with one of the iMacs (my general use one, the other one is for family use).
But now both iMacs don't have FaceTime working anymore for some reason, even though both have accounts associated with working iMessage/FaceTime devices (iPhone/iPad).

Does anyone know a workaround to getting both (but most importantly FaceTime) to work? It would be a great addition as Skype seems to be very unstable in quality as of late.

Also, I've seen that there's a possibility to upgrade to 10.8.5 in the thread. Could anyone link me to a good guide or a post explaining how to do it? I would love to see Mavericks work on them, but they're a no-go without Graphic Acceleration (so SFOTT is out of the question if I read correctly).

Thanks in advance for the help all!
ShiryuX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #3758
TMRJIJ
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to TMRJIJ
Thumbs up

[Post being deleted]

Last edited by TMRJIJ; Yesterday at 07:12 PM.
TMRJIJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #3759
Rastafabi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul4tune View Post
when would the update be available for mac pro 1.1,i have a mac pro 1.1 2x3GHZ QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 16 GIG RAM
i cant use some of my programs because i cant update to mountain lion i think its a disgrace forcing people to buy new computers

thanks for any help given
Your machine is kind of Mavericks compatible. Everything will work. Search for it over here, and google for SFOTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRJIJ View Post
[Post being deleted]
I'm sorry.

Last edited by Rastafabi; Yesterday at 07:18 PM.
Rastafabi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #3760
Rastafabi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiryuX View Post
Hello all

I've been away from the thread for a while as after having resolved some issues my iMacs were running great! But recently I'm experiencing some issues with FaceTime/iMessage on them and could use some help.

I have two 24" late-2006 iMacs which are running MLPF 0.3 with 10.8.4.
After having recently acquired an iPad, I could finally FaceTime with one of the iMacs (my general use one, the other one is for family use).
But now both iMacs don't have FaceTime working anymore for some reason, even though both have accounts associated with working iMessage/FaceTime devices (iPhone/iPad).

Does anyone know a workaround to getting both (but most importantly FaceTime) to work? It would be a great addition as Skype seems to be very unstable in quality as of late.

Also, I've seen that there's a possibility to upgrade to 10.8.5 in the thread. Could anyone link me to a good guide or a post explaining how to do it? I would love to see Mavericks work on them, but they're a no-go without Graphic Acceleration (so SFOTT is out of the question if I read correctly).

Thanks in advance for the help all!
You can use SFOTT, but you will need to fix the graphics afterwards. (some pages back there's a guide including the files you'll need)

However you better should wait some days as MLforAll, one of the original developers announced a new version which will feature everything that is missing in MLPF.
Rastafabi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion