Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:04 PM   #1
benjas
macrumors newbie

Angry A word about the AKG K619 headphones / headset....

Recently bought a couple of K619, which is the K618 but with integrated mic/controls for handling calls on the iPhone. I'm pretty happy with the sound and comfort of the headphones, however, I found one thing with the design that really, really annoys me; the jack/connection on the cable is so thick, that there is no chance it will fit into your iPhone if you have a bumper or shell on! In fact, it is thicker than the iPhone 5 itself! This means I have to add yet another cable in between. Which I have to carry around, and connect each time...

Now what made me mad was I contacted Harman and told them about this. Their response was first to ask me where I was located. After answering that, their reply was to contact Apple to solve this issue (!).

There you go....
benjas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Oofie
macrumors regular

Well, it was designed for the iPhone and not the iPhone with a bumper. Can you just imagine HK designing their headphones to fit all kinds of bumpers?

I was at the Apple Store the other day and saw a guy complaining that his lightning adapter wasnt working and it was defective. The genius who was helping him asked if he tried taking out his phone from the bumper. The guy said no. Magically, the adapter was working after the phone was taken out of the case.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:59 PM   #3
imazu
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oofie View Post
Magically, the adapter was working after the phone was taken out of the case.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:12 PM   #4
benjas
macrumors newbie

Well...

...in this case it would be very simple to make the connection thin, just like any other headset...it's not about designing it for the bumper....sigh...

I would say his bumper was crap if it was not adapted to a standard apple accessory ... mine (and most bumpers/cases) allow for connections of any normal accessory...
benjas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:26 PM   #5
hleewell
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjas View Post
Recently bought a couple of K619, which is the K618 but with integrated mic/controls for handling calls on the iPhone. I'm pretty happy with the sound and comfort of the headphones, however, I found one thing with the design that really, really annoys me; the jack/connection on the cable is so thick, that there is no chance it will fit into your iPhone if you have a bumper or shell on! In fact, it is thicker than the iPhone 5 itself! This means I have to add yet another cable in between. Which I have to carry around, and connect each time...

Now what made me mad was I contacted Harman and told them about this. Their response was first to ask me where I was located. After answering that, their reply was to contact Apple to solve this issue (!).

There you go....
Talking about AKG: how is the headphones? This seems to bethe recently relased model...?
iPad Air
hleewell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories