Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r-sparks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
England
I've just joined 3 and the network in the north east of Scotland is pants, but the fact I'm on unlimited data, and tethering which Tesco doesn't allow, I'm relatively happy. :D

I agree re: coverage. Three's coverage does seem to be pretty bad outside of major city centres. In our town (near a major city in England) my Three iPhone is useless at several spots. Last year on holiday near Buxton my partner could get a weak signal while I got nothing. At my parents I get zilch.

I complained about their coverage where I live and got into an extraordinarily long email chain. Ot that made me not want to bother in future. You'd think they'd have a system setup for this kind of thing but it was like I was the first person in the world to ever mention some places have a weak signal.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Three lets you see how much data you use each month. Every now and again I'd reach about 800MB but on most months it was less than 100MB.

How can you see how much data you've used on Three please, this would be handy for me to have a comparison, and to see what I need for the future.

I'm just using iPhone 5 built in usage at mo and reseting it.

cheers

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
How can you see how much data you've used on Three please, this would be handy for me to have a comparison, and to see what I need for the future.

I'm just using iPhone 5 built in usage at mo and reseting it.

cheers

Download the three mobile app from the AppStore. Make sure your on 3G not wifi and it's in there.

I love my 30 day rolling sim only 3 deal on the £25 one plan. Saves me a fortune.

MyRomeo

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Op, I know this is a few weeks old now but did you get sorted? Virgin mobile do sim only for £12 a month (30 day deal) that includes 200 mins and unlimited data, it also allows tethering (at least it works fine, I believe it's permitted!) just my 2p :)

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Download the three mobile app from the AppStore. Make sure your on 3G not wifi and it's in there.

I love my 30 day rolling sim only 3 deal on the £25 one plan. Saves me a fortune.

All it says on mine is "all you can eat data" - included. Not how much I've actually used.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Three have the best 3G coverage in the uk according to offcom.

Tethering is enabled on ALL plans, including PAYG. They only stop you if you regularly use 10's of GB of tethering a month.

Orange customer service is the worst. Good luck trying to ever get your phone unlocked.

Three will be enabling LTE for everyone for FREE later this year. For now they have DC-HSDPA which gives speeds of around 20mbps.

O2 have the worst 3G coverage according to ofcom.

I'm on threes £12.90 sim only deal with unlimited Internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.