Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:24 AM   #1
macAllen
macrumors regular

Battery Standby Time Sucks

Taken from Apple website.
Quote:
...Put MacBook Air to sleep for more than an hour, and it enters what’s called standby mode. That means you can come back to MacBook Air a day, a week — even up to an entire month — later, and it wakes in an instant. Time is on your side, courtesy of MacBook Air.
Do some of you guys exprience otherwise? For me battery drains at least 20% if I put it to sleep for 6+ hours. I'm running OSX 10.8.2 and my MBA is not even a week old. Now I've searched online and the general consensus is that its the power nap feature, but I've set that up only if its plugged in...

Anyone have a clue? It's annoying when this is one of the main features that make up the Air and it doesn't even work.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:54 AM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by macAllen View Post

Do some of you guys exprience otherwise? For me battery drains at least 20% if I put it to sleep for 6+ hours. I'm running OSX 10.8.2 and my MBA is not even a week old. Now I've searched online and the general consensus is that its the power nap feature, but I've set that up only if its plugged in...

Anyone have a clue? It's annoying when this is one of the main features that make up the Air and it doesn't even work.

Follow the recent thread about instant-on, deep-sleep vs shallow sleep may help.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:56 AM   #3
Isamilis
macrumors regular

Have you tried logoff first, then let it sleep? Does it still drain?

Quote:

Isamilis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:29 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
Follow the recent thread about instant-on, deep-sleep vs shallow sleep may help.
This was thought to be an Imac issue ( the new ones) but preventing hiberantion may help you out here...Remember to change the settings back if you are migrating.

My new Imac 3TB fusion had the same issue...wonder if it's crept into the laptops too? My MBA has no such issues though:

More info in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...3#post16775163
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:45 AM   #5
robvas
macrumors 68000

You may have some software installed that keeps it 'awake'
robvas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:27 PM   #6
chrfr
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Do some of you guys exprience otherwise? For me battery drains at least 20% if I put it to sleep for 6+ hours.
Does it feel warm to the touch after that? It sounds like something is waking it up- you may want to check in the Console for wake events to see how often it's waking up.
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air