Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1
digitalduck
macrumors regular

Former ios user for years, using OneX need help coming back..

Sorry for convoluted title, but here is my situation, iphone user for years...left iphoen 4 to go to OneX (worked for AT&T, sold Iphone and wanted to try android since i worked with them forever)

Now that ive had the OneX for about 4 months I keep looking at the iphone5 and really missing a lot of the apps, mostly games on it... i wish the screen was wider, but still, its a great piece of machinery and has a decent amount of seriously good looking games on it that you just cant do on the OneX.... I love the retina display and what it does to the games on ios. That is one thing that i really notice on the OneX

However, I use the OneX for movies on the train every day going to work..i like the size of the screen for that. I havent watched movies on the iphone5, but i did with my old iphone 4 and it was fine...so basically im looking for some motivation to help me decide to go to the iphoen 5 or stick with mhy OneX and why? Could really use some advice... thank you
digitalduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:56 PM   #2
TM WAZZA
macrumors 68000

It seems like you really wanna go back to iOS / iPhone.

Therefore do that.

The blackbars on top and bottom are gone now since it's 16:9. Which makes things bigger overall.
TM WAZZA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:57 PM   #3
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Out of topic but I applied for att. They gave me a call and a phone interview. I'm excited.
GeorgieAcevedo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:02 PM   #4
digitalduck
macrumors regular

Good to know about the letterboxing, what any great games that are coming out? Id definetely get Infinity Blade 2, but what else is coming down the pipeline that i would definetely want? Doesnt matter what type of genre, more action/adven, rpg, racing but that will make use of the retina display..thanks

Also, one more thing, I think I became spolied with the JB'ing of the past..i became obsessed with themes mostly, not sure how easy it would be to go back to non-theming...unless a JB comes out, but with the difference in graphic performance it might be worth it....

And forgot to say that i hate the 16gb limit (more like 9gb usable) on the OneX...just stupid unless its Intl.. so woudl love a 32gb Iphone 5 if it would be worht it..

Last edited by digitalduck; Dec 4, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
digitalduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone