Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Aug 9, 2013, 02:06 PM   #1
rtrickyc
macrumors newbie

Surveillance Camera Capabilities

Hello MacRumors community,

Does anyone know of an app that will essentially turn my iPad into a surveillance camera? I know there are plenty of apps out there for iPad to iPad/iPhone. But I want to be able to view what is being captured on the iPad, on my Mac. Anyone know of anything like that?

Ive looked at iCam and Airbeam and several others and it looks like your mac can only be used as a camera and not as the monitor. Then again, i am probably missing something all together and these apps already have that capability.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan
rtrickyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 04:19 PM   #2
rtrickyc
macrumors newbie

I guess airbeam has that capability but for some reason i cant get it to work. Going to mess with my router some more...
rtrickyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:32 AM   #3
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a

One of the limitations of the "walled garden" that is the App Store I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure Apple does not allow any type of monitoring app with the functions you mention. If you jailbreak you may have options though...
KeepCalmPeople is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Badfoot
macrumors 6502

Manything app (Manything.com?)
Old Aug 16, 2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Sparticu$
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrickyc View Post
Hello MacRumors community,

Does anyone know of an app that will essentially turn my iPad into a surveillance camera? I know there are plenty of apps out there for iPad to iPad/iPhone. But I want to be able to view what is being captured on the iPad, on my Mac. Anyone know of anything like that?

Ive looked at iCam and Airbeam and several others and it looks like your mac can only be used as a camera and not as the monitor. Then again, i am probably missing something all together and these apps already have that capability.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan
I know there's an app on the play store thats turns your old android phone into an IP cam. Not sure about the App Store though.
Sparticu$ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad