Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Perhaps I'm trying to force Pandora-like behavior, and this can be achieved differently, but I'm looking for a way to mix radio stations in iTunes Radio.

In Pandora, you can choose 'mix' and then choose the radio stations you want to mix. In iTunes radio, I can't find a way to do that. What I can seem to do is add more artists to a certain station, which isn't what I want to do. For example, I have Pearl Jam radio and want to mix it with Radiohead radio. Pandora will keep the stations separate so I can play either Pearl Jam or Radiohead, but iTunes radio makes me add Radiohead to the Pearl Jam station, which I don't want to do because at some point I will want to just listen to PJ.

Any tips?

lukin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I'm going to answer my own question in case someone else is looking for the same functionality I was.

Turns out you can actually add the same station more than once, then customize one. To continue my example, I just added a 2nd Pearl Jam radio station, then went in and did 'Add an Artist or Song' and added Radiohead, among other artists I wanted to mix in. Then I renamed the station to indicate it was a mix. Perfect!

Enjoying iTunes radio so far. Seems to have a far better selection than Pandora where I'd end up hearing the same songs over and over day in and day out.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
It would be "very good" if they had a shuffle function like Pandora.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.