Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

horace528

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Hello MacRumor Forums
Today, I want to ask something to the MacRumor Forums a thing that I never actually asked to; a reccomandation.
I want to buy an iPod, but I'm acutally struggling if I should get the iPod Shuffle now, with the money I have, or the iPod nano later, when I have enough money. (I have like 50$ now.)
I'm finding an iPod that I would actually only listen to music on, as I already have an iPod touch that is pretty sufficent to me. But if I don't have that iPod, I go back to the analog days with my CD Player. :(

Anyways, I thought about the iPod Shuffle, and it was pretty OK, as I was finding an iPod that I would only listen to music on, but it only has 2GB, unlike it's predecessors, with had a 4GB option. That 2GB would run out quickly. :(

Next was the iPod Nano, which seemed like a good option with 16GB of storage, and a pretty OK screen, but seemed pretty expensive, and had some features that I really wouldn't use, like the FM radio and the Photos. :/

So the breakdown; the iPod nano, or the iPod shuffle? Hope you can find me a good match... :D

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
iPod Nano. The Shuffle is nice, but I wouldn't buy another if I'm honest.

The Nano will have less wear and tear, it feels more premium, and the decent sized storage is great. I love mine, and am hoping that they bump up the specs this year.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Storage is definitely a limiting factor, but I convert all my songs on my shuffle to 128kbps AAC to save space. Doesn't make any difference to quality since I use cheap headphones and I'm usually walking or exercising.

I really like my shuffle and it's pretty robust too, I've dropped it a few times and it still goes perfectly. It's so small and light as well, you hardly notice you're using it. Another upside is that if it's lost/stolen, it doesn't cost a fortune to replace.

The nano is probably better if you're looking for a 'main' iPod - I use my iPhone mainly, the the shuffle is something I use occasionally.

HeyKatie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
I'm debating between the nano and the classic since my phone has left me stranded after dying far to many times.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
If you laready have a ipod touch, why do you need another ipod?

Honestly, my favorite ipod of all time is the 6th generation nano, not the current one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.