Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #401
cesarvog
macrumors newbie

Inertial Scrolling

Hi Vladimir,

Just got PPA and Trackpad++ and made my donations.
Very nice work! The only thing I miss in Trackpad++ is inertial scrolling. I've seen it's been on your roadmap since 2013, but not available yet... Any plan for a future release?
Best regards,
Cesar
cesarvog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 AM   #402
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@cesarvog: First, a brief summary, could be useful for the new users. With Trackpad++ the following scroll-related option are available:
- Accelerated scroll, 3 accel. curve presets (less sensitive than Boot Camp-native driver scroll, but accelerated);
- Or Boot Camp-like, linear scroll;
- Inverted ('natural') scroll
- Or standard direction scroll
- Option to not 'Respect focus', i.e.send the scroll to a window or control below pointer, regardless is it focused or not.
Currently all of those Trackpad++ options work identically in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.

About the absence of the inertia effect: a while ago I had a demo where scroll inertia was present. It was neither precise, nor beautiful, though... mostly because in classic Windows desktop applications you cannot scroll with pixel-fine granularity. One line of text is the minimal distance. There were some other issues in such scroll implementation, so after all I never published it. Now I'm investigating how to make the inertia available in Windows 10, using the Windows 10 new APIs.
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:13 AM   #403
cesarvog
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the reply and explanation Vladimir.

I'll keep an eye on your work when Windows 10 arrives.

Best wishes.
cesarvog is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac