Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skittlz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
New York, New York
The Basics:
MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012
OS X 10.8.2

Where I was in the process: I had just finished downloading Windows Support to a thumb drive. I moved on to the next step and hit the divide equally button and clicked next. That's when it happened. Bootcamp crashed and I got the error in the title of this thread. I've scoured the internet for answers and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Sarcastic and Patronizing answers are NOT APPRECIATED.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Is it not letting you open it again? Press option on your keyboard and see if you can boot into the installation disk. If not, try a program such as refit.

skittlz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
New York, New York
Is it not letting you open it again? Press option on your keyboard and see if you can boot into the installation disk. If not, try a program such as refit.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can open Bootcamp and go through all of the steps listed above but it crashes at the partioning stage. Bootcamp sights "Afloat Plugin" as the cause. I was up late last night trying to make this thing work. I will try your suggestions.

Last edited:

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
If you install via parallels, you would probably still be able to boot into it as a "bootcamp" partition if parallels does drive formatting, which I am not sure of.

For Parallels or Fusion to run as the bootcamp partition it has to see a working one which it doesn't sound like the OP has. All it's really doing is treating that partition like it would a VM file image. So if it doesn't work as a Bootcamp partition it won't work as a VM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.