Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Dropped two feet and totally shattered. Luckily I have apple care plus. The mini is definitely delicate. Does apple just replace the unit or replace the screen?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
They will replace you with a new unit. So make sure you back up your data before you see a genius.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
maybe I should get apple care. So tired of buying multiple apple cares. spent $500 on just apple care so far.

Yes they'll replace w new one for $50

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
My dad shattered the screen of his iPad 3 and I took it to Apple Store and got an expensive replacement unit (there is no AppleCare+ in Hong Kong). I did a full iCloud backup of the old unit before going to the Apple Store but when I got back home and set up the iPad it showed that there isn't any available backup. I was in a panic but anyway tried to search in Google and found that it's because the unit was running iOS 5.1.1 only. I upgraded it to 6.0.1 and then I could restore using the recent backup. :mad:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
So this thread is about ipad mini being delicate or whether it is possible to get replacement from apple.

I saw pic of Ipad broken glass and glasses are still group together as one big piece. You said "shattered" which means that it was all over the place??? That must be one sensitive device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.