Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OJ Simpson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
How do you feel about it now that it's at $608? Are you confident the stock will rebound or are you looking to sell because you feel Apples best days are behind it and you don't want to lose anymore money?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Tried to buy it at 13 ages and ages ago, missed, forgot to watch it again for quite awhile, noticed one day it was over a hundred, thought "gee those guys are nuts, who would pay a hundred bucks for Apple even if the gear is nice?"

A few years ago I had a handful of shares but really that stock is too rich for my blood. I'd rather have their gear!

My real job is just to make sure Apple takes its usual percentage of my disposable income every year, what can I say.

OJ Simpson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
My brother is a broker for ML in NYC he told me to buy AAPL just before the first ipad came out and I told him he was crazy. Back then the stock was trading under $200.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I didn't buy at $705, but I sure wish I had sold. Getting absolutely murdered since then, down about 17%. I do think it will go back up at some point, but it could take a long time just to make up what was lost. Next spike, I'm selling all of it. Still an Apple user and Apple fan, but I have lost confidence in the stock.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
I didn't buy at $705, but I sure wish I had sold. Getting absolutely murdered since then, down about 17%. I do think it will go back up at some point, but it could take a long time just to make up what was lost. Next spike, I'm selling all of it. Still an Apple user and Apple fan, but I have lost confidence in the stock.

Same I wish I had sold when it reached 705. I don't think we'll see that number again anytime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.