Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Brother Esau
Join Date: Jun 2010
I was without a iPhone for the past year (someone stole my 3GS) and I had been on a Android phone until i got my iPhone 5 two weeks ago.

If it means getting away from ******* Android and getting a iPhone 5 NOW then I would suggest that you jump on it!

Like I said, had the iPhone 3GS for 3 years and it was awesome but....The iPhone 5 just completely blasts it out of the water performance wise and I honestly cannot see APPLE making that much more of an improvement to what is already established with the existing iPhone 5 model.

You can stand in line if you want but look at the iPhone 4 HOOPLA after the 3GS and that will tell you that the enhancement from the iPhone 5 vs the iPhone 5S will be just as insignificant as going from a 3GS to a iPhone 4 was
Brother Esau is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:47 PM   #27
macrumors 6502a
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Originally Posted by Gavzooka View Post
Thanks all....I jumped in feet a proud owner of an iPhone 5 :-)
Good choice. The i5 is beast.
MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD ; iPhone 5 16 GB ; iPad Mini 16 GB
RotaryP7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:07 PM   #28
macrumors 6502
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York City
Originally Posted by Gavzooka View Post
I'm due an upgrade at the moment. I currently have a Samsung S3 and as I've now gone all Apple throughout the house, it's logical that I go for an iPhone in my I'm fed up with the unreliability of Android devices, they are good....but I'm fed up with constant tweaks and then resetting things because of buggy software....I want something that just works!

My question is whether in peoples opinion, should I wait for the next iPhone to come out?

Some rumour the next iPhone is going to be out in June...which is ideal as I have 2 contracts in the house that I get the upgrades from...both 2 year contracts and end in different other contract ends in June next year, the current one just ended....that means if I wait until June, going forward, I upgrade every 12 months. However, I don't want to wait until August/September onwards for another phone........this is my I'm impatient!

Thanks in advance...
Wait for the 5S to at least see what the improvements will be.
Stockholder since 1998
skywalkerr69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:53 PM   #29
macrumors member
Join Date: Apr 2011
I've been upgrade-eligible since before the iPhone5 launch, but I'm currently holding on to my 4. Beyond all else, I want a bigger screen. The bigger iPhone5 screen is nice, but not big enough. I can't say Samsung's monster 5" is the ideal size, but I'll take it over the smaller iPhone screen.

I rarely make calls anymore. Most of my smartphone usage involves looking at the screen. I'd like some more space.

I can hold out a few more months, but if the iPhone 5S (or whatever the next Apple phone is called) is still the same size as the 5, I think I'll be moving to something else.
2012 MBA 13"; 2011 iMac 27"; iPhone 5S; iPad Air
Statelymwhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:56 PM   #30
macrumors newbie
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Denmark
Welcome back to Iphone
Mac build these website's Flyttefirma Sjælland Skadedyrsbekæmpelse Flytte Flyttebil
Andreasen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:25 AM   #31
macrumors 65816
Join Date: Oct 2010
I just went through this, but like you decided to get the iphone 5 now. I thought about it like this; Might as start my contract over now so that by the time the iphone 6 is released (possibly redsigned) I'll be eligable to upgrade again. The 5s will be just a spec bump within the same design like always. I've never regreted missing the 's' versions.
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:58 AM   #32
macrumors 65816
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Igloo
I enjoy being on the "S" cycle - it seems to clean out many of the bugs and produce an overall better product. Hoping 5S is a more polished 5 with some added benefits.
Our life has been saved by the blood of Christ. Let us always be renewed by this love.
Italianblend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:36 PM   #33
macrumors 6502
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
I was in the same boat as you, I had the GS3, and decided to sell it while the value was still high on it. Got the iP5 64GB this weekend and am very happy, although getting used to a much smaller screen is tough.

As for the iP5S this summer, well if its really something I gotta have I will sell my iP5 before the iP5S releases and just roll with my dumb phone for a couple of weeks and pre-order with the crowds. I have upgrades available this year on a couple lines so I will be ok. I should clear enough to cover my new phone.
macMD is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I wait??? cperchard iMac 4 Oct 8, 2013 08:40 AM
iPhone: Stuck in revoery loop after downgrade ... please wait... please wait ManiacZack Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 7 Aug 27, 2013 03:12 PM
To wait for not to wait... cMBP vs. rMBP PatientWaiter MacBook Pro 27 Mar 27, 2013 07:05 AM
Wait for the 5s? ant the ninja iPhone 23 Dec 5, 2012 03:45 PM
To wait or not to wait for the retina 13 inch? papetorh MacBook Pro 3 Oct 15, 2012 01:05 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013,, LLC