Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickftw8686

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
7 short months ago a top of the line iPad screen had 132PPI. Jump forward today, where the iPad Mini enjoys 163PPI, a more than 20% improvement. It's also a much higher PPI than most MacBooks, which are also used at arm's length.

And yet suddenly everyone considers this PPI so bad that that the pixel's jaggies will leap out of the screen and slash their eyeballs, causing them to bleed all over the "horribly unreadable text" on the iPad Mini screens.

Yeah its a bunch of BS, people willl always find something to complain about.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
LOL some of these comments are just hilarious. If it wasn't so entertaining I'd say the Mini needs its own forum where the grown ups could discuss the mini without all the insults. I didn't buy an iPad 4 but I'm not going to jump into every iPad 4 thread and call people idiots and such. I think it's a case of my iPad is better than yours and I'm mad because all everyone wants to talk about is the Mini....stomps off.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I don't see the logic when folks should hold out for retina coming shortly. Only can see buying if you couldn't afford the reg ipad before and need the small size:apple:

I can afford the retina display and i can assure you that i just passed it up and bought a mini iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.