Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antiv6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Since I've had my launch iphone 5 16gb Verizon I've only revived 2 group texts and each time my phone is extremely sluggish when opening the text app or looking at the texts or even when not in the app when I get a new text in a group message it slows down a lot, even freezes sometimes. Has this happened to anyone else? Normal texts and iMessage are fine. The first group text was 17 people and recently was 3. Neither were getting tons of messages or anything, just one every few mins. But both slowed the phone till I deleted the text thread.

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I've noticed a slight stutter on my 4S when opening a new group text that comes in. Never had any complete freezing or anything major though.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Since I've had my launch iphone 5 16gb Verizon I've only revived 2 group texts and each time my phone is extremely sluggish when opening the text app or looking at the texts or even when not in the app when I get a new text in a group message it slows down a lot, even freezes sometimes. Has this happened to anyone else? Normal texts and iMessage are fine. The first group text was 17 people and recently was 3. Neither were getting tons of messages or anything, just one every few mins. But both slowed the phone till I deleted the text thread.

Mine does the same thing. New iphone 5. I have it synced with my iPad and wondering if because messages are being received at both locations would have something to do with it.

antiv6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
mines only my phone and no other devices so that cant be the case. My gf's phone also slows down for group texts. My iphone 4 handled them perfectly.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Do a ton of group text.. no issues

are they from iPhone iMessages or through actual SMS like with android or windows phones users?

antiv6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
imessage for the most recent one and the first one with many people probably was both

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.