Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benflick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Okay MacRumors I need your help! My iPad (1st Gen Wi-Fi) was stolen this morning. The box was stolen as well and since I bought the iPad from a guy last year, I don't have the receipt. This iPad has been synced on my MacBook Pro multiple times and has been backed up over iCloud every week for a few months now, (Since the feature became available)

I desperately need the serial number of my iPad to assist with police report. That way it can be tracked through a Pawn Shop. As much as I hate to say it, my brother is a heroin addict and I am positive he is the one who stole it. :(
The iPad is listed in my iCloud devices but not my Apple Support Profile devices... I have had every singe version of the iPhone and iPod touch up until the 3rd gen and Apple Support only displays my iPhone 3G and MacBook.

If anyone has any idea how to retrieve my serial number somehow, I would greatly appreciate it!

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
Try speaking to apple care. I had a similar case last year and I think they gave it to me. I think!!

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
ITunes > preferences > devices > hover the mouse pointer over the device in the list and the serial number should come up

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.