Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigMAC28

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Chicago
Hello, I am having trouble choosing/setting up an IDE for use with HTML and JQuery. I see on google that it IS possible to use Xcode/Eclipse for this but I am a total beginner when it comes to using these. If anyone could help or provide a step by step process on how to set it up that would be appreciated.

cameronehrlich

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
If you are a beginner and are just doing basic webdev, I would just use something simple like Sublime Text 2. It is simple and really powerful!

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Yeah, cameronehrlich is right. If you're just doing basic development with HTML/CSS and JavaScript (with jQuery) then you can't really go wrong with a lightweight editor like Sublime Text 2.

bigMAC28

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Chicago
Yeah, cameronehrlich is right. If you're just doing basic development with HTML/CSS and JavaScript (with jQuery) then you can't really go wrong with a lightweight editor like Sublime Text 2.

Yeah but i am also learning python at the same time and i would like to have it all in one spot if possible.

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Yeah but i am also learning python at the same time and i would like to have it all in one spot if possible.

Ah, ok. Well in that case you might want to try an IDE like Aptana, as subroutines mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.