Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oreiarias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2013
Hello

Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself to the community as I'm a newbie, although I've been reading material from this site for months.

My problem here is I've just received a 80GB iPod Classic bought over Ebay for less than 100€ and I'm facing a critical issue here. It won't respond!! Just as easy as that. It remains in a white screen format with no text or symbol displaying. I read over the net for possible solutions and I tried the reset thing (holding the Menu+center button) and it did the reboot but nothing changed. I also tried to connect sync it with iTunes, which recognized it. I reboot it from using "Restore iPod" option but it won't do any difference.

I'm really stuck right now and have nothing more to try. Am I missing something I could try?¿

I contact the seller to report him about my status, but I haven't been answered.

Thanks and goodbye

mccjim12

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Stamford, CT
If it responds to resets and syncs with a computer it would seem to me that the screen is blown out. I used to repair classics and older nanos as a hobby and had several with the white screen issue you're having. Just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.