Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smccauley1011

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Virginia
Received my iPhone 5S a couple of minutes ago (posting this from it). I got the T-Mobile Version to use with my AT&T SIM card and it is indeed unlocked. So the T-mobile version is unlocked and not tied to T-Mobile.

Joe Siegler

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Garland, TX
Arrived about 5 minutes ago. It was however, driving around all day in a UPS truck in Dallas, where it's in the 90's, so I'm letting it cool off for a little bit before I fire it up. ha. :)

Borntorunn

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2013
Received my iPhone 5S a couple of minutes ago (posting this from it). I got the T-Mobile Version to use with my AT&T SIM card and it is indeed unlocked. So the T-mobile version is unlocked and not tied to T-Mobile.

Thank you, thank you for posting this! I have one on the way from Apple for T-Mobile (unlocked) but I want to see if it will work on AT&T as I may have to go back to them in the future. Apple has changed there website now to read no contract so I was worried. And of course they all (t-mobile & Apple) all have different stories. Apple has told me it should work with both.

When I unlocked my 4s from AT&T to go to T-Mobile it messed up my Group MMS so I can not reply to them. I don't want this to happen the other way around or something worse. I just wanted an unlocked phone to use with either so thank you again! :)

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
If you have to buy one outright, I'd be tempted to try to find a way to get one that says Verizon on it.

That's the only one that'd work on all the major carriers, and it doesn't seem to cost any more than the others, if you have to buy outright anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.