Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ifraaank

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Odense C, Denmark
For me personally, the iPad Mini...

This is due to the formfactor, but also due to my personal needs... I don't game much, I use it for social media, news and so on.

The regular sized iPad I sold due to the fact that it didn't suit me... I purchased it to bring it with me everywhere, however I found myself grabbing my MBA instead, since the size was not that much bigger...

The Mini, on the other hand, fits in my coat pocket

I was sold, when i saw the mini in-store, but after further thinking about the specs, i am confused... I think i'll go with the mini. As long as it is eligible to play the up-coming GTA Vice City. :p (And I think it'll be great for that!)

Thank you.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
I was sold, when i saw the mini in-store, but after further thinking about the specs, i am confused... I think i'll go with the mini. As long as it is eligible to play the up-coming GTA Vice City. :p (And I think it'll be great for that!)

Thank you.

The Mini will be great for that! Keep in mind it's the same hardware as iPad 2 :) And I never had a problem with my iPad 2 running any apps. GTA 3 works flawlessly!

Oh my...!!!! Vice City coming for iPad????? :confused::confused::eek:

That's my FAVORITE GTA :eek: Ohhhh myyyy!

ifraaank

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Odense C, Denmark
The Mini will be great for that! Keep in mind it's the same hardware as iPad 2 :) And I never had a problem with my iPad 2 running any apps. GTA 3 works flawlessly!

Oh my...!!!! Vice City coming for iPad????? :confused::confused::eek:

That's my FAVORITE GTA :eek: Ohhhh myyyy!

That's my favorite GTA as well! Can't wait!
I'm not worried about the specs, just worried about the screen size for the controls for example. How are the controls in GTA3 on the iPad mini, compared to the bigger iPad? :)

Vice City link: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/26/news-gta-vice-city-headed-to-ios-android

Last edited:

Sweeperdk

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Århus, Denmark
Gør jeg satme også! :D

Considering the red smart cover on the black mini. I think it looks so classy! Otherwise a blue smart cover.. :apple:

Someone wanna buy my iPad 2? :p jk

I personally love the red smart cover on black mini... Tried the dark grey at eplehuset, but no... it just doesn't look right.

So yeah.. Red on black does look quite nice.

j0n24

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Completely agree - I just upgraded from an iPad 2 also and I couldn't be happier. I really liked the iPad 2 but much prefer the form factor of the mini for most tasks. It's just so thin and light! It's funny you mention the "cold" screen temperature. My iPad 2 has bluish whites and I've had 2 minis now with a warmer white screen (more yellow).

Lukewarmwinner

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
I've been offering to exchange my iPad 2 to a Mini free of charge. Not really sure what to do.. Are the Mini's screen better than 2's? And those who chose the mini over the 2; can you really read documents on it, and what about pages? I write a lot (not on the iPad though) but read and edit all the time with my current iPad and would use the Mini for the exact same

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
I have had every iPad from 1-3, and now the Mini.

iPad 1-2 were stellar devices, but the 3 no matter how clear the display is was a MINOR misstep in my opinion. iPad 3 has a gorgeous display but had about the same performance of the iPad 2. The weight though not immediately obvious became very obvious the moment you picked up an iPad 2. It's not to say the iPad 3 was a bad product, but having had so many of these at this point it felt like a bit of a let down.

I am not your typical user.

iPad Mini was very much a great step, and probably the best iPad in terms of "Wow" experience since the original.

The size, performance, fit and finish are remarkable.

The use of a retina display would put this well over the top in this category.

Downfalls of iPad Mini? Keyboard usage when trying to use it like a laptop is less then what it is on the full sized. That's really about it though. The weight and size are dramatically different enough that even after a week of usage, closing it with my Smart Cover and seeing its diminutive size feels like something isn't right.

I will absolutely be picking up another 10 inch once they get it a bit lighter. Right now though, the iPad Mini in my opinion is the definitive iPad.

Things I'd like to see in the next full sized iPad? In the same way the iPad Mini benefits from the original iPad display getting thinner, lighter and more power efficient I'd like to see the same happen for the retina. Obviously it's only a matter of time. I think a full sized iPad that weighs maybe 20-30% more in the same slate finish with chamfered edges would be a slam dunk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.