Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

View Poll Results: Favourite Design?
Original iPhone - plastic 0 0%
iPhone 4/4s -stainless steel and glass 11 22.92%
MBP/MBA/iPads - silver finished anodised aluminium 9 18.75%
iPhone 5/iPad mini/iPod touch - anodised aluminium in varying colours 9 18.75%
iPods - Chrome and plastic 1 2.08%
Other designs I havent mentioned 18 37.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:32 PM   #26
PowerPCMacMan
Banned

With Apple moving in the direction of the consumer and not pro, I don't expect the next Mac Pro to even be a Mac Pro as we know it. It could be a hybrid of a Mac Mini Pro or half iMac half Mac Pro..

I think the days of highly expandable Mac Pro cheese grater type machines is on the serious decline. The next "wonderful" that Tim Cook mentioned will most likely be a less upgradable Mac Pro like machine.

I suspect the 09 and 10 Mac Pros will double in their resale value, esp with the 4,1 to 5,1 firmware..

Again, speculations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Do you think the new Mac Pro will still look like that?
PowerPCMacMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:47 AM   #27
Micky Do
macrumors 6502a

Mac Mini

I wanted a computer that was easily transportable (by a life long motorcyclist, who has moved quite often), but not a portable. The Mac Mini was just what I wanted, so i bought one.

The 2005 had it shortcomings, most of which were addressed by the early 2009 I replaced it with. Up dated recently with more RAM and Mountain Lion, it will probably see me right for a few more years, and eventually be replaced by another Mac Mini.

I neither own, nor lust after any other Apple product, and probably never will. I got my first digital camera about mid 2012, but otherwise my life has remained fairly low tech, and happily so.
Micky Do is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:54 AM   #28
boss.king
macrumors 68040

I liked the original iPhone design (the metal one, not the plastic ones the OP mentions). I also like the iPad mini design, it's very comfortable to hold.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:43 AM   #29
adamjackdrew
macrumors newbie

Mine has to be the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh, closely followed by the G4 iMac.

I wonder whether Apple will do another special birthday edition Mac (or iDevice). Would be good - and I'd be first in line!
adamjackdrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:12 AM   #30
cosmichobo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcg4mac View Post
The eMac, but only from the front. Once you see its a 50 lb bulb with really no easy way to carry it a medium-long distance (such as from my car to a 2nd story apartment) you start to hate them.
The eMac was kinda pretty, but just an upscaled iMac G3. And indeed, try carrying one with bad caps through a carpark, up a street, into a repair shop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjackdrew View Post
Mine has to be the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh, closely followed by the G4 iMac.

I wonder whether Apple will do another special birthday edition Mac (or iDevice). Would be good - and I'd be first in line!
Still love my TAM too...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:50 PM   #31
TyPod
macrumors 68000

iMac G4 for me!
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:53 PM   #32
TG1
macrumors 6502

iPhone 4. It was a sharp yet elegant departure from its rounded predecessors.
TG1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:13 PM   #33
Zwhaler
macrumors 603

Definitely the Mac Pro. This computer is incredibly easy to work with when it comes to cleaning, and upgrading components. Really a joy to use and top quality throughout for professionals. Externally it succeeds in lots of ventilation, and internally it is leaps and bounds better than anything else I've seen out there.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion