Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yogakun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
It's a mid 2011 base model, with 16 megs of ram, and two years of apple care added to it.

mcpix

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2005
I just picked up a used 21.5" with 4MB Ram and still under warranty (so I can add Apple Care) for $750.

In theory, the extra ram and Apple Care should add $150-$200 to the value. Unfortunately, buyers often discount the value of add-ons. Your computer may not sell for more money, but it might sell quicker than a used base model.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I would say....

with the extra RAM and extended Apple Care, you can fetch 800-900 tops. Factors as cosmetic/functional issues, original packaging and accessories and general care of the machine also counts to go up or down with the price.

Also, if selling in an online site, factor in shipping costs/fees

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.