Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
So I use an iPhone 5, but today I found my old iPod Touch 4G 8 GB, and i decided to see if it would work. It is running 6.0, and the problem is that even though when charged it shows 100% charge, the second I remove it it goes to 97%. Note that I have not used it a lot, so I don't think it has anything to to do with being over used. Any suggestions?

.Asa

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
the second I remove it it goes to 97%.
I assume you mean remove it from the charger.

This is normal behavior. The charger supplies 5 volts, a fully charged li-po battery supplies about 4.2 volts. When you unplug it, there's about a 0.8 volt drop, so the indicator can be expected to go down a few percent. Yours is actually in better than average condition, mine usually drops to 94%.

Come to think of it, iPod touches don't normally show battery percentage, is it jailbroken?

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I assume you mean remove it from the charger.

This is normal behavior. The charger supplies 5 volts, a fully charged li-po battery supplies about 4.2 volts. When you unplug it, there's about a 0.8 volt drop, so the indicator can be expected to go down a few percent. Yours is actually in better than average condition, mine usually drops to 94%.

Come to think of it, iPod touches don't normally show battery percentage, is it jailbroken?

It could be jailbroken or he used the plist edit method to show it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.