Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
The iTV is a British broadcasting network

No, ITV is. Only the BBC gets a "the" in front of it, as well as similar crown-owned broadcasters like the CBC in Canada and the ABC in Australia.

The iTV is just something that doesn't exist at all.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
All desktop Macs for instance. I can GUARANTEE that the PC you build for the same money will be 1.5 times faster and ∞ times more configurable and updatable. :rolleyes:

Speed is not everything. Do you always go for the fastest car with the cheapest parts? I also have built many PC's, so there is nothing you can tell me there.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
There is very little HD content here in the UK, on Virgin Media there are 6 (!!!) channels on the XL package. And even if you subscribe to more channels, most of it is upscaled crap. On a 4K telly this would look rubbish. So in real terms the world is not ready for 4K TV yet. We haven't adapted to HDTV yet, most HD content is already upscaled. And with some IPs cutting the amount of data you can download (i.e. Telekom in Germany) 4K is not yet ready for the masses.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I think there's an opportunity for Apple, given that there are few quality TV brands left, specially now that they have to be smart.

otismotive77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
yeah, right! there isnt much content available for the 4K TVs and they are too pricey at this time, not a good idea.

asthamapheo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
make a TV using the not-so-popular-tech-right now and then sell it for $20,000. absolutely genius, another way to screw us.

dvoran

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
Leawood, KS
Sony is releasing a 5000$ 50-55" 4k TV

But its quite pointless if you can believe this graph :

At a normal distance of 10+ feet you need a 80+" screen to be able to notice the extra resolution.

Actually the importance of the graph is on the left side where with higher resolution you can get closer to the screen. The farther away your are the less the effect is noted. It's when you get close that resolution really makes a difference. What I think these higher and higher resolution screens will actually offer is moving towards interactive walls in small office or apartments where multiple "windows" can be manipulated around or the entire desk surface becomes a very high resolution desktop.

Let your imaginations run wild. 9'x5' tables where different people can be interacting, playing games, pushing images around ... in short being able to have a card table that becomes a backgammon table or wild video game all with a wave of the hand and the users are sitting at it only a foot or so away.

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
apple TV rumors never end, i've been hearing them for about 4-3 yrs, but nothing happened there is no apple TV, why dont you guys give up. apple is not interested in the TV industry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.