Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
I could see Apple not giving the iPad mini the Touch ID this fall... to create more product differentiation in their tablet lineup indefinitely. I hope we see mini's with a 128GB option, but that may not happen either even though it can via hardware logistics/real-estate.

I hope this isn't true of course, and no matter what of course, Touch ID is definitely coming to the iPad, and it better come to the iPad mini.

Apple would be smart here, to play the market in its favor, and not give the iPad mini the Touch ID home button for the next update(since they own the patents & predict the market per se for bio-metric thumb scanning)... but, maybe they will think on the larger scale, and release to all iPads & mini's to generate more income (via ease of use from the Touch ID) online on the iTunes Store, App Store, etc...

TouchID may not show up in the big iPad yet either-- but if not, I think it will be due to yields on the part, not on product differentiation.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
If the color bothers you that much, I would suggest using your iPad with the back facing away from you instead...

But you always have this option:

http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-75...9534965&sr=8-1&keywords=rustoleum+black+paint

Lol thanks bro. I'll be quite honest, it seems a lot of people here like the space grey, but it does bother me a lot. I was really looking forward to the slate iPad mini, but was waiting on Retina (a must for me).

Going to get a custom housing for the 5S' space grey (would have liked another black faced option, but I guess not), so that's not a big deal.

SteveCarriere

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
I just don't get why people get so worked up over the color. The difference between, black, space gray, silver...does it really matter that much? I understand having a preference, but some people just get so pissed about it. Get over it, pick a color and use the FRONT of the thing.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
I just don't get why people get so worked up over the color. The difference between, black, space gray, silver...does it really matter that much? I understand having a preference, but some people just get so pissed about it. Get over it, pick a color and use the FRONT of the thing.

I WANT black so I can cover it up with a case! :eek:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

Yep, they should get rid of colors on everything in the world, cars, houses, clothing, etc. Everything should just be functional and no one should care what color they wear, just think what a perfect world it would be if everyone drove space gray cars, lived in space gray houses, and wore only space gray clothes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.