Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mototriu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I recently came across some extra money, about $350.00 worth and I've been debating whether to get a off contract Iphone 4 or an Ipad Mini. So I ask you if money wasn't an issue which one would you get? Which is the better bang for your buck?

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
They both serve different purposes...if you need a phone get the iphone...otherwise get the iPad mini

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Iphone 4 has an A4 chip like ipod touch 4 so new games would stutter a bit (or a lot). 350$ for a phone, you can get better spec than that if not apple brand.

Mobile phones these days, Android and IOS are not so far apart but for Tablet, IOS is way ahead with apps and stability. Choose an Ipad mini better, it lasts longer and better resale value if you happen to need quick cash.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I know you can easily get an iP4 unlocked for $350. I just didn't know an iPad Mini was also available at that price.
If so, I'd jump on the mini!

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
The 4 is still a great phone so if you need a phone and want iOS the bits the way to go. The mini is great and IMO the best all around tablet to date. Each one serves similar but different purposes and without more information I don't think anyone is going up be able to give you a clear suggestion between the two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.