Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
Ok I have a iPod Touch 5th gen and it's not charging it will just clip in and clip out charging. I have not dropped it and it looks brand new. Also I live the British Virgin Islands. So I called apple care and I have very limited support options I can't send it over the mail and I don't have a option to send it with someone to the states. Can anyone help me maybe I can send it to a different channel to get it fixed?

P.S I have a iPhone 5 lighting connector that I tried it with and it not charging the iPod, but the connector charges the iPhone just fine. I also tried my friends connector and I got the same result.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Hey mate. Sorry to hear about your issue. Call up 1-800-MYA-PPLE and see what they can do for you. Since it's a 5th gen it's still in warranty, and Apple will take care of you.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Yes I did that but I can't send it in because of where I live.

Where did you buy it from originally?

I don't know what the consumer laws are like where you live but I actually didn't buy my iPod touch from the Apple store I bought it from another store. However it comes with a one year guarantee so I could take it back to the store I originally purchased it from or an Apple store if it developed a fault in that first year and both stores would be obliged to fix or replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.