Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Aug 12, 2013, 05:39 AM   #176
ptram
macrumors newbie

Where is the problem? They will copy something newer.
ptram is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:17 PM   #177
funkybudda
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYMetsx View Post
Well Samsung, when you start making some "real innovation," then we can talk about Apple's innovation.
you are right, since Steve Jobs got wtfpwned by cancer Apple continued to make "real innovation" that everyone drools over, oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptram View Post
Where is the problem? They will copy something newer.
what's worth copying from Apple now?
funkybudda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:33 PM   #178
Risco
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTorro View Post
Yeah, fair isn't it? Samsung gets a veto, while it gets banned on patents, such as the Steve Jobs patent, that, by the way, got already reviewed and canceled by the patent office. I wonder when Samsung will wake up and stop supplying its upcoming real innovative parts, such as flexible display and 3D NAND memory.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth......
Risco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2013, 03:14 AM   #179
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinn View Post
Unless you state clearly why you think he should be joking or trolling then all you've done is make an unsubstantiated line of questioning designed to cast aspersion upon his statements.

How about you say why Samsung shouldn't be defending their patents (which it took US nepotism to overturn Samsung's win in the presidential review).

BTW I think that just about all tech patents are ********, especially software and design patents.
Nothing wrong with defending your patents, but SE patents shouldn't be used as weapons to get concessions from your opponent in obtaining their non-SE patents. Also, in light of the above, stating "There is one and only one guilty party in whole this mess - it's Apple. They started it and they are losing it" is an inflammatory and trollish statement, in this context. Hope that answers your question.

Now can you please explain how Obama's veto of the Apple device ban is, as you assert, nepotism?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 09:47 AM   #180
vampyren
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
The real issue is that Apple and Samsung can't seem to settle.
Apple has an inflated idea of what it's patents are worth but in return tries to say that the patents held by Samsung and others are basically worthless.

There in lies the problem with settlement.
Apple wants a billion from Samsung, but only wants to pay peanuts.
They don't even want to pay what is fair and reasonable under FRAND.
That is why Samsung asked for the ban, Apple just doesn't want to pay for the patents of others.

It's the NIV Syndrome, that is Not Invented Here Syndrome.
If Apple didn't invent it, it can't be of any real value.

The "Pinch to Zoom",etc. Would a buy a phone that didn't pinch to zoom?
Yes, because I want a different screen size that Apple does not offer.
The best comment so far!
Personally I own both iphone5 and Galaxy S4 and loving my S4 for the screen and the features. I wish Apple would spend all this money to add the missing features to their phones instead of this garbage. I have owned every iphone since launch but sadly its missing some basic features still that i cant be without and Samsung has these. Same for bigger screen. Hope they change to bigger screen on 10 Sep.
vampyren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:45 AM   #181
Bahroo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Love.Apple View Post
That's not really an achievement. If, say, someone wants to buy a high end Samsung smart phone s/he would have a choice between Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active and Galaxy Note II. Sure, each one of those will sell less than iPhone but I do not think Samsung cares. Apple on the other hand has al its eggs in one basket. And if the next model is not that popular Apple is screwed. BTW, I am not sure we can say that iPhone 5 sells better than SGS4. For some reason Apple just stopped giving information about the distribution of sales between different models. People peculated that only 50% of iPhone sales now are iPhone 5 but it could be less.
they sold more iphone 5's then galaxy s4's last quarter, note 2 is for a very niche market... lol
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:41 AM   #182
harlequinn
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs4nw View Post
Nothing wrong with defending your patents, but SE patents shouldn't be used as weapons to get concessions from your opponent in obtaining their non-SE patents. Also, in light of the above, stating "There is one and only one guilty party in whole this mess - it's Apple. They started it and they are losing it" is an inflammatory and trollish statement, in this context. Hope that answers your question.

Now can you please explain how Obama's veto of the Apple device ban is, as you assert, nepotism?
Yes I can answer my nepotism assertion.

The presidential overturning of a court ruling (I'll call it a presidential pardon, for that is what it is), was specifically designed to protect America's citizen's ability to purchase goods from an American company (the top 5 shareholders of Apple are American) whilst sacrificing the interests (and legal rights) of a foreign company (i.e. protecting the American family over foreign interests). That is nepotism.
harlequinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion