Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:45 AM   #51
MagicThief83
macrumors 6502

iCaughtUPro...nuff said!
MagicThief83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:51 PM   #52
jesuispizza
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Thank you.
Everything else ok besides that? Not bad.
Im thinking about purchasing the full version of iGotYa.
Yep other than that, no problems at all. Quick e-mails too, I would say within 1-2 minutes.
jesuispizza is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 05:30 AM   #53
AndrewR23
macrumors 68020

Icaughtupro doesnt do anything. It doesnt send emails, texts. Even lets you turn off the phone on the unlock screen.

Igotya works great

iphone 5 6.1.2
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 09:00 AM   #54
1984world
macrumors 6502

I use Icaughtupro and it works great. Sends emails and texts. takes the pic and sends coordinates. don't have igotya, but have read some good testimonials.

Question, is it possible to have them both at the same time? Two times the protection?
1984world is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 03:57 PM   #55
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984world View Post
I use Icaughtupro and it works great. Sends emails and texts. takes the pic and sends coordinates. don't have igotya, but have read some good testimonials.

Question, is it possible to have them both at the same time? Two times the protection?
No.
They will conflict since they are almost the same thing.
It will not be two times the protection, it will be 10 times the crashes and incompatibilities and errors up the...
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 08:33 AM   #56
brasskey
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR23 View Post
Icaughtupro doesnt do anything. It doesnt send emails, texts. Even lets you turn off the phone on the unlock screen.

Igotya works great

iphone 5 6.1.2

Secure Mode does not work properly on iGotYa which is a major feature. I've been emailing the developers since the evasi0n jailbreak came out and they have yet to fix it. Something to consider for potential buyers.
brasskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 03:16 PM   #57
taedouni
macrumors 65816

Use Cylay. It does more than just take pictures of those that fail to enter the correct password on your phone (you can access everything externally via web).

The service cost $10 a year but it's well worth it.
taedouni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 05:07 AM   #58
lanceuppercut47
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasskey View Post
Secure Mode does not work properly on iGotYa which is a major feature. I've been emailing the developers since the evasi0n jailbreak came out and they have yet to fix it. Something to consider for potential buyers.
Good to know, I was considering it for the secure mode whereas now I might go with iPrivacy instead. Out of interest, what doesn't it do properly and how "seamless" is actually going into secure mode?

(any indications that the device is going into secure mode?)
lanceuppercut47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 05:40 PM   #59
gpsouza
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by taedouni View Post
Use Cylay. It does more than just take pictures of those that fail to enter the correct password on your phone (you can access everything externally via web).

The service cost $10 a year but it's well worth it.
I'm using it now and WOW, sooo much better than anything else
Old May 6, 2013, 06:46 PM   #60
1984world
macrumors 6502

I actually have Cylay and Icaughtupro. Together they seem to make a good mix. It's 10 a year and I have three devices with a year subscription for Cylay.

Question, does Cylay use data (meaning need a data plan) or can it work without one (ie wifi, etc.)?

Thanks!
1984world is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 09:19 PM   #61
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

i just installed cylay, got the congrats screen on the app on iphone.

but wont go 'online'

do i have to do something to make it work?

it does say

1) device code _______
this device is linked to account:

my email here

am i missing a device code?
Old May 7, 2013, 01:38 PM   #62
gpsouza
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984world View Post
I actually have Cylay and Icaughtupro. Together they seem to make a good mix. It's 10 a year and I have three devices with a year subscription for Cylay.

Question, does Cylay use data (meaning need a data plan) or can it work without one (ie wifi, etc.)?

Thanks!
It needs something to send the information to you, which means or data or wifi will be used
Old May 7, 2013, 08:35 PM   #63
brasskey
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceuppercut47 View Post
Good to know, I was considering it for the secure mode whereas now I might go with iPrivacy instead. Out of interest, what doesn't it do properly and how "seamless" is actually going into secure mode?

(any indications that the device is going into secure mode?)
I have updated to the latest version of iGotya (1.7) which notes that it fixes the pinpointing location. But, I'm still having issues with Secure Mode. When I incorrectly enter my passcode twice and the phone enters secure mode, all of my non-iOS apps are still visible. When I click on them they crash, but they are still there (unlike looking like a stock iPhone on previous versions of iGotya). Also, the phone is now able to boot out of Secure Mode unlike before the update, but after the phone exits secure mode and I correctly enter my password, all of my non-stock iOS apps are missing (like they should be in Secure Mode). So, I was forced to restore the phone since all apps were gone.

I've been emailing the developers since the jailbreak came out but they still haven't fixed it.
brasskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 04:58 AM   #64
Che Castro
macrumors 601

I'm using icaughtu free version & iprivacy together without any problems
I did have to reboot in order for icaughtu to work

Iprivacy is for guest mode, I tried igotya but I didn't like how guest mode worked on there , you have to enter an incorrect password to enter guest mode

With iprivacy it works just like guest mode on your computer, you have 2 passwords , the guest pass & your own

With icaughtu I just use this for the picture/email feature
And both programs are free
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks