Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:14 AM   #1
BoS2012
macrumors newbie

Sage 50 on Parallels - help with date format issue please?!

Hi,
I have recently changed from a PC to a MacBook Pro and have installed Parallels to use Sage Line 50.
I have found problems when entering dates in most fields (such as entering a payment, the VAT return etc), on entering or changing the date from today's date it brings up an error message saying it is in the wrong format, but it's not. I can't select the date from the calendar either. I can't change the program date to trick it temporarily either as the same message appears.
Do I need to change a setting somewhere? If there's any additional info I can provide to help diagnose this please let me know!
Many thanks,
Claire.
BoS2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:09 PM   #2
chriscl
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoS2012 View Post
I have found problems when entering dates in most fields (such as entering a payment, the VAT return etc), on entering or changing the date from today's date it brings up an error message saying it is in the wrong format, but it's not. I can't select the date from the calendar either. I can't change the program date to trick it temporarily either as the same message appears.
Do I need to change a setting somewhere? If there's any additional info I can provide to help diagnose this please let me know!
Many thanks,
Claire.
Sage 50 should take its dates from the underlying operating system.

Make sure that in Windows, go to the Control Panel and check your Regional Settings, make sure your location is correct, and that you have the correct time zone and that you've selected the correct format for your dates (that is, either DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY depending on where you are).

As you're using Sage 50, I'm guessing you are a UK user(?); if you have installed Windows using the default settings it may be set to US timezone, which could cause the behaviour in Sage that you describe...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help