Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you prefer a thicker iPhone with increased battery life?

• Yes - increase iPhone thickness and increase battery life.

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • No - keep iPhone thickness and abttery life same as with iPhone 5

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • Next iPhone should be thinner with slightly decreased battery life.

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Am wondering whether the 4/s has more internal real estate, or the thickness is just due to the back glass?

Apple used a smaller battery in the iPhone 5 presumably because they made it thinner. So the battery and the CPU/OS is more efficient in the iPhone 5 considering it gets better battery life. They could of made it as thick as the 4 and got much longer battery life. However, I don't see them going back to a thicker phone. That would make no sense and the press would kill them over it.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I'm fine with a slightly thicker phone. Phone thinness to this degree does nothing for me. Battery life is infinitely more important. If a little added thickness can add battery life, I'm all for it.

92jlee

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
Cardiff, Wales, UK
I wouldn't mind getting the battery power advertised, I currently get about 4 and a half hours constant use.

I wouldn't double the thickness but I'd up it by 50% for a battery that lasted significantly longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.