Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jun 18, 2014, 01:34 AM   #276
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 601

The show is drifting further and further from the books - I fully expect that by the time season 9/book 7 come out, they will have such major main plot element differences as to be "two similar stories told in the same world," rather than alternate tellings of the same story.

I still love Arya. The character is great, and the actress plays is perfectly. I really hope the Braavos plot line stays close to the books, because I can't wait to see some of those things on screen!

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2014, 07:58 PM   #277
malman89
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Freak View Post
The show is drifting further and further from the books - I fully expect that by the time season 9/book 7 come out, they will have such major main plot element differences as to be "two similar stories told in the same world," rather than alternate tellings of the same story.

I still love Arya. The character is great, and the actress plays is perfectly. I really hope the Braavos plot line stays close to the books, because I can't wait to see some of those things on screen!
Season 9 is going to come out ages before book 7. Ages.

GRRM is going to take 15 years to release the next two books.
malman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:57 AM   #278
Huntn
macrumors 604

Did I say I was thrilled that Tyrion survived... For now?
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:06 AM   #279
impulse462
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Did I say I was thrilled that Tyrion survived... For now?
I like tyrion as a character but I wouldn't say hes my favorite. Its great though because Peter Dinklage is the best actor on the show in my opinion and its great he gets to stick around.

Would have been cool if Arya went to the Wall with Jon, but shes pretty much her own person now; it will be fun to see what she does in Bravos. I'm trying to read all the books before the next season.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:11 AM   #280
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse462 View Post
I like tyrion as a character but I wouldn't say hes my favorite. Its great though because Peter Dinklage is the best actor on the show in my opinion and its great he gets to stick around.

Would have been cool if Arya went to the Wall with Jon, but shes pretty much her own person now; it will be fun to see what she does in Bravos. I'm trying to read all the books before the next season.
For this series I have mixed feelings about watching the show first or reading the books first. I watched Season 1, then read the book- good decision. But then I read Book 2 before the Second Season- bad decision, the show felt hollow, like an outline of the book. I'm working on the 3rd book now and will catch up to the show and then decide which way to go for the next round.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 07:23 AM   #281
Huntn
macrumors 604

Season 3, Book 3, Spoilers

I just finished reading about the Red Wedding in book 3, A Storm of Swords and can say it was more horrific watching it on the show, then reading it in the book, maybe because I was knew it was coming. I assume they changed the person Rob marries to consolidate the TV story. As soon as I read he was leaving his wife back in River Run I sighed with relief, because what they did to his wife in the show turned my stomach. Great read! This guy can write, although my wife who has zoomed out in front of me says that Book 4, A Feast Of Crows seems to have a lot of filler. She means there is a lot of talk about the old days which does not really push the story forward. I'll have to evaluate that for myself.

If you talk about Book 4, please avoid spoilers. thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 07:54 AM   #282
Suture
macrumors 6502

I bought all the books that are out now for my Kindle, really should start reading them, as I love the show. I think the casting is excellent.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 05:40 AM   #283
TomHardyy
macrumors newbie

I love all game of thrones season. Specially season 4 was awesome.I made few gif as well. I also gone through to entire book... amazing story with so many twists inside
TomHardyy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:49 AM   #284
Huntn
macrumors 604

I love the humor:

At Joeffry's wedding feast:
Quote:
Tyrion found himself thinking of Robb Stark. My own wedding is looking much better in hindsight.

Last edited by Huntn; Aug 26, 2014 at 09:57 AM.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
game of thrones, television, television shows