Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Still happening in Lion and it's 2012 - 5 years after this was first reported - Macs just work - yeah, right!
Great first post! :rolleyes: First, it's an issue with the Mail app, not the OS. And yes, Macs are the first computers anywhere to have software on them that has a flaw! :rolleyes:

TCBJR23

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
Great first post! :rolleyes: First, it's an issue with the Mail app, not the OS. And yes, Macs are the first computers anywhere to have software on them that has a flaw! :rolleyes:

It's certainly not the first computer to have bugs but it's certainly the most expensive. I stumbled on this post after having this problem on my new macbook pro that my employer paid $2,200 for. It's not about the bug, it's about the bug not being corrected. If I wanted an experience like this I would have kept working with Windows 7 on my $400 HP DV6000.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's certainly not the first computer to have bugs but it's certainly the most expensive.
It's not even close to the most expensive computer to have bugs. Not even if you moved the decimal point over a couple times. And as already stated, it's not a bug with the Mac or Mac OS X. It's the Mail app. Apple has never claimed that all the apps you run on a Mac will be error-free.

Beugnen

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
i can reproduce this bug in the mail app - March 2012!

maybe they should stop working on features such as universal inboxs and full screen and instead work on fixing this instead of basically having an app with 2 Trash folders

shaunymac

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
I tried fighting this bug for a while, years? The simple answer, download postbox and remove mail from your dock. Done.

Postbox is a little bit different but it isnt annoying! Oh, it has tabs like safari which I love! So, all is not lost.

jayess

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
Here we are in 2014 and I still have this same problem using 10.9.5. The option of "Save drafts on server" is not available so is there any other solution after all this time?

davidfield

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Here we are in 2014 and I still have this same problem using 10.9.5. The option of "Save drafts on server" is not available so is there any other solution after all this time?

I'm was still having this problem too. I found Save Drafts in Mail-preferences-General- mailbox behaviour. I've turned it off and it fixed my problem

eleanorb

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
I'm was still having this problem too. I found Save Drafts in Mail-preferences-General- mailbox behaviour. I've turned it off and it fixed my problem

In my Mail 9.3, this setting is in Mailpref > Accounts > Mailbox behaviors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.