Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prvt.donut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I can't watch anything on their site on my PowerMac.

Just wondering if anyone here has a solution to watch their content?

prvt.donut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Are they on flash 11 or something? Can't I still fake the flash version to allow the video to play?

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
This will fake the latest Flash version, however if there's anything on there which is actually using Flash 11.5 functionality then you're out of luck.

prvt.donut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I know they use connection aware streaming, but that isn't all that new, Windows server 2008 had that functionality, and I would assume that adobe was doing it before them.

Does no one else watch any Comedy Central videos?

Ok. I got my Flash spoofing 1.5 not 11.1 as before and it still doesn't work.

no Daily Show=no good.

Maybe I should sell this powermac!

Last edited:

B-G

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2011
The ClickToPlugin Safari extension works on comedycenral.com ...

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
Confirmation of viewing content on ComedyCentral.com

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am able to watch everything on ComedyCentral.com using Quicktime to play everything and also the Flash Player 11.5 faker does work.

I am enjoying my favorite South Park episodes right now.

So, it does work.. Yes, as one said on here. Download the ClickToPlugin Extension. It does work.

The ClickToPlugin Safari extension works on comedycenral.com ...

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
I can't watch anything on their site on my PowerMac.

Just wondering if anyone here has a solution to watch their content?

There's a 'hack' that 'makes' flash version 11. However take into account that using flash is a huge security issue.

I use the 'hack' but at my own risk. Install it at your own risk.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
There's a 'hack' that 'makes' flash version 11. However take into account that using flash is a huge security issue.

I use the 'hack' but at my own risk. Install it at your own risk.

That has been stated here multiple times and the OP has stated that he has had no luck using it.

prvt.donut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Click to flash and routing the video to play in QuickTime results in perfect HD streams!

Wow! It kinda makes it feel like an iPhone, the way the video pops out in a different player.

I always hated flash full screen playback, QuickTime is much nicer.

B-G

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2011
Click to flash and routing the video to play in QuickTime results in perfect HD streams!

Wow! It kinda makes it feel like an iPhone, the way the video pops out in a different player.

I always hated flash full screen playback, QuickTime is much nicer.

If you use Leopard Webkit, ClickToPlugin will give you fullscreen playback in the HTML5 player too (you'll have to enable the advanced features using the shell script that comes with L-W dmg file).

ickystay

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
This will fake the latest Flash version, however if there's anything on there which is actually using Flash 11.5 functionality then you're out of luck.

Thanks! I'm running Safari 4.1.3 in Tiger and this flash crap has been really pissing me off.

I'm getting a computer with Leopard on it next week. Then I can go with Safari 5 and try that ClickToPlugin thing.

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
No problem. As a short-term solution this works just fine - the only time I ever use it is to watch stuff from 4OD (in the UK) which 'requires' the latest version. I'm not a big TV person so the only other time I'm ever watching videos is when I'm on YouTube, for which I use MacTubes. ClickToFlash is a good solution from what I've heard!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.