Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:51 AM   #26
fastlanephil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
There isn't going to be a "next Mac Pro". That is what I believe. But I certainly hope that I am wrong.

That's probably true because it's about marketing.

The Power Mac was justly named because it was a power users Mac vs the iMac which Apple marketed to consumers and education.

With the switch to Intel processors the Mac tower then became the Mac Pro to differentiate it from the now much more powerful upgraded iMacs.

Now that the iMacs along with the Mac Mini can be a solid solution for many professionals Apple needs to again change the name of their most powerful and expandable desktop. That name will really depend upon what this "something really great" is.
fastlanephil is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:58 PM   #27
Simon R.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlanephil View Post
That's probably true because it's about marketing.

The Power Mac was justly named because it was a power users Mac vs the iMac which Apple marketed to consumers and education.

With the switch to Intel processors the Mac tower then became the Mac Pro to differentiate it from the now much more powerful upgraded iMacs.

Now that the iMacs along with the Mac Mini can be a solid solution for many professionals Apple needs to again change the name of their most powerful and expandable desktop. That name will really depend upon what this "something really great" is.
Oh I don't care what they call it. My point was that I don't think Apple will bring out a new PCIe-slot expandable, multi-HD/SSD-expandable desktop machine.
Simon R. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:02 PM   #28
Derpage
macrumors 6502

The next Mac Pro will be a motherboard and your choice of 3 layouts set in a solid block of resin and encased in a welded shut aluminum shell. What could go wrong with delivery times?
Derpage is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro