Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 12, 2014, 02:11 AM   #1
thatoneguy82
macrumors Demi-God
 
thatoneguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beach Cities, CA
Resurrection (ABC) TV Show *Spoilers*

Finally got around to seeing the Pilot episode and it was better than I thought. It makes me wonder, however, how many people will be resurrected and if they'll do an episode for each. Moreover, if all the resurrections will only be to people that live in Arcadia. So far, it seems that the first 2 resurrections happened to two somewhat connected families - I wonder if this will stay true for the rest.

Any see this yet? Thoughts?
__________________
- Christian
"Pain demands to be felt."
17MBP(6,1), iP5S, iPad3, ATV, TC, APE AmazonFTV
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2014, 08:30 AM   #2
rhett7660
macrumors 604
 
rhett7660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny, Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy82 View Post
Finally got around to seeing the Pilot episode and it was better than I thought. It makes me wonder, however, how many people will be resurrected and if they'll do an episode for each. Moreover, if all the resurrections will only be to people that live in Arcadia. So far, it seems that the first 2 resurrections happened to two somewhat connected families - I wonder if this will stay true for the rest.

Any see this yet? Thoughts?
Or if there will be a larger "connection" if you will to all of those that are resurrected? I am hoping this doesn't go down the path of say, a supernatural or alien under tone.
__________________
"It's quite an experience to hold the hand of someone as they move from living to dead."
"Times are looking grim these days, holding on to everything, it's hard to draw the line"
rhett7660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy82 View Post
Finally got around to seeing the Pilot episode and it was better than I thought. It makes me wonder, however, how many people will be resurrected and if they'll do an episode for each. Moreover, if all the resurrections will only be to people that live in Arcadia. So far, it seems that the first 2 resurrections happened to two somewhat connected families - I wonder if this will stay true for the rest.

Any see this yet? Thoughts?
My impression is that the little boy's story is not finished, so it's not just one episode per person. Previews indicate they discover multiple people have been resurrected. It's a safe assumption that this was not some random unexplained event, although there could be no explanation or purpose, this is a tv show with a plot, so there will be a purpose that will be revealed eventually! And it is likely these resurrected people will be tied together in some manner or for some purpose.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:58 AM   #4
albertfallickwa
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
I can't help to think that the theme song for this TV show should have been Common's Resurrection... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5btqEdt6gU

That would have been so dope.
__________________
iPhone 4 (white, 16GB, unlocked on T-Mobile), HTC Amaze (white, T-Mobile on Android 2.3.4) | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (titanium, T-Mobile) | iPad Air, T-Mobile LTE, white, 16GB | Nvidia Shield
albertfallickwa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2014, 08:35 PM   #5
thatoneguy82
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
thatoneguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beach Cities, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
My impression is that the little boy's story is not finished, so it's not just one episode per person. Previews indicate they discover multiple people have been resurrected. It's a safe assumption that this was not some random unexplained event, although there could be no explanation or purpose, this is a tv show with a plot, so there will be a purpose that will be revealed eventually! And it is likely these resurrected people will be tied together in some manner or for some purpose.
Oh yeah, I didn't mean for it to sound like that it would be one completed story per episode. I meant that will they be constantly resurrecting people in every episode. If that's the case, it will get old since the reactions will be similar and earlier resurrections may get lose it's significance/meaning.

But yes, I hope they are all connected in more ways than them knowing certain people in each other's families.
__________________
- Christian
"Pain demands to be felt."
17MBP(6,1), iP5S, iPad3, ATV, TC, APE AmazonFTV
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Second week- still digg'n this! It's going in a direction that I did not anticipate.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 06:36 PM   #7
thatoneguy82
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
thatoneguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beach Cities, CA
Just finished the second episode (Hulu), and I'm now reminded by how much I despise watching shows in real time. I mean, I get how those cliffhangers are necessary but at least let us know what was in the casket! It better not just be bones of the kid. And, the returned Dad (Caleb) - was that a body that he was digging up? It looked like a face, but hardly decomposed. And, did he kill that guy? Why's he telling Jacob to lie? Did he steal money and then bury it?

And oh, did the lady doctor's mom return also but go back to the guy who she cheated on her husband with? Annoying how they never returned to that scene after the break.
__________________
- Christian
"Pain demands to be felt."
17MBP(6,1), iP5S, iPad3, ATV, TC, APE AmazonFTV
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2014, 08:17 AM   #8
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
I started to watch it and I'll likely see where it goes for another couple episodes, but if they continue to have the spotty stories where they leave at commercial and never return (the man who slept with the doctor's mom), then it will only frustrate me. It would likely turn into a Lost type of thing for me. I ended up giving up on that until I could binge watch it. When I did, I was hooked but the spotty stories and cliffhangers just didn't do it for me.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2014, 08:38 AM   #9
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
I started to watch it and I'll likely see where it goes for another couple episodes, but if they continue to have the spotty stories where they leave at commercial and never return (the man who slept with the doctor's mom), then it will only frustrate me. It would likely turn into a Lost type of thing for me. I ended up giving up on that until I could binge watch it. When I did, I was hooked but the spotty stories and cliffhangers just didn't do it for me.
As I recall, the affair was mentioned in the first episode and had lingering effects on the brother in the second episode so I would not describe it as something that was dropped, a cliffhanger, or a spotty story, however from past experience it is quite enjoyable to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time. In fact I frequently record shows and let a couple of them pile up before watching just to see more developments in one stretch.

Now besides the shock of dead loved ones coming back, and the relative's reactions, things have been developing slowly, but it's only been 2 episodes, and events started accelerating at the end of the second episode. The Father who came back appears to be a bad person. And based on previews, unless they are totally misleading, you have to ask, is there a reason he came back or was it just randomness? As I said before, because it's TV there will be a purpose.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:23 AM   #10
thatoneguy82
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
thatoneguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beach Cities, CA
I'll probably stop watching this week-to-week or something and just binge later. I usually don't get caught up in shows so quickly, but this one speaks to me; I'm crying every episode! Probably because I just lost my mom this past July rather suddenly and held her hand until she was pronounced dead by the doctor. I know it's only a TV show, but damn, if this was real.

Anyway, first 3 so far so good. I'm thinking Caleb isn't really a bad guy simply because it's way too obvious. Hopefully there's more to his storyline.
__________________
- Christian
"Pain demands to be felt."
17MBP(6,1), iP5S, iPad3, ATV, TC, APE AmazonFTV
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 07:51 PM   #11
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy82 View Post
I'll probably stop watching this week-to-week or something and just binge later. I usually don't get caught up in shows so quickly, but this one speaks to me; I'm crying every episode! Probably because I just lost my mom this past July rather suddenly and held her hand until she was pronounced dead by the doctor. I know it's only a TV show, but damn, if this was real.

Anyway, first 3 so far so good. I'm thinking Caleb isn't really a bad guy simply because it's way too obvious. Hopefully there's more to his storyline.
Sorry about your loss and sorry the show is effecting you this way...

The show is still holding my attention. The pace is slow, but it's not bothering me, better than rushed.

Spoiler

Something I saw in episode 3 that confused me. They opened the casket, and then delayed showing what was there. I felt like yelling "show me"! What they showed was a perfectly preserved Jacob, and they said not one word about this, which made me wonder if this was some sort of adjustment by ABC showing these child's remains? My clue is that the label from the t-shirt that he removed was old and faded unlike the condition of the body they showed. If correct, this really annoyed me. Families should be able to take this, like they do in a variety of shows, or don't show the body at all. Just show the old tag he removed and is identical to the tag in new-Jacob's shirt that he came back in.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 08:13 PM   #12
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
So how likely are they going to go the alien route? Cause it sure seemed like that's the direction they were going the last episode. That would probably lose my attention quickly has it's been done many times over.
LIVEFRMNYC is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 09:03 PM   #13
Southern Dad
macrumors 6502a
 
Southern Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peach State
I believe the body in the casket shown was a flashback to the day he was buried. They didn't show what the body looked like now.
Southern Dad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 09:12 PM   #14
thatoneguy82
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
thatoneguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beach Cities, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Sorry about your loss and sorry the show is effecting you this way...

The show is still holding my attention. The pace is slow, but it's not bothering me, better than rushed.

Spoiler

Something I saw in episode 3 that confused me. They opened the casket, and then delayed showing what was there. I felt like yelling "show me"! What they showed was a perfectly preserved Jacob, and they said not one word about this, which made me wonder if this was some sort of adjustment by ABC showing these child's remains? My clue is that the label from the t-shirt that he removed was old and faded unlike the condition of the body they showed. If correct, this really annoyed me. Families should be able to take this, like they do in a variety of shows, or don't show the body at all. Just show the old tag he removed and is identical to the tag in new-Jacob's shirt that he came back in.
Thanks.


Like Southern Dad posted above, the fresh body was a flashback. It was a bit awkward the way it was spliced in, however, I think it was used to show that he was buried in the same clothes that he was wearing when he came back. If you look, you can see a bit of dusty remains, etc. I think they didn't show the remains due to the fact that it was a kid and they wanted to be PC about it.

I'm still annoyed that they haven't cut back to the guy who tried to save the lady from the river. In the previous episode, they show him saying to someone that they found them before breaking into commercial. A full episode later and nothing, they even show him in the bar but nothing about that conversation. That was annoying.
__________________
- Christian
"Pain demands to be felt."
17MBP(6,1), iP5S, iPad3, ATV, TC, APE AmazonFTV
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:08 PM   #15
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
So how likely are they going to go the alien route? Cause it sure seemed like that's the direction they were going the last episode. That would probably lose my attention quickly has it's been done many times over.
Not saying you are wrong, but not picking up that vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
I believe the body in the casket shown was a flashback to the day he was buried. They didn't show what the body looked like now.
Thanks. I just did not see much else to indicate a flashback.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy82 View Post
Thanks.


Like Southern Dad posted above, the fresh body was a flashback. It was a bit awkward the way it was spliced in, however, I think it was used to show that he was buried in the same clothes that he was wearing when he came back. If you look, you can see a bit of dusty remains, etc. I think they didn't show the remains due to the fact that it was a kid and they wanted to be PC about it.

I'm still annoyed that they haven't cut back to the guy who tried to save the lady from the river. In the previous episode, they show him saying to someone that they found them before breaking into commercial. A full episode later and nothing, they even show him in the bar but nothing about that conversation. That was annoying.
They will get around to it... Eventually.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:14 PM   #16
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Tonight's episode, the story is moving slowly although a prominent character disappearing, added some interest.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2014, 08:59 PM   #17
Apurplenautilus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Ok, so first of all, I think it's the water. Maybe just from that particular river, or any water at all. As you recall, Jacob drowned and so did Barbara (who will probably come back before the end of the season)
Caleb's ashes were spread NEAR the river and could've blown into it.
Rachel drove her car off the bridge which could've went into water.
In the last episode, it shows the water in the bubbler right before Caleb disappears. This suggests that maybe something about the water... Gives them some kind of connection.
Lastly, the little boy who haunts Agent Bellamy is probably going to be resurrected because when they showed him dying there was steam.. And for steam you need water right? I guess we will find out soon.
Apurplenautilus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2014, 08:43 AM   #18
Southern Dad
macrumors 6502a
 
Southern Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peach State
The part I find ominous is that Caleb said there would be many coming back and he didn't say it in a good way.
Southern Dad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:58 PM   #19
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
The part I find ominous is that Caleb said there would be many coming back and he didn't say it in a good way.
Yes, that was intriguing. I love the atmosphere in this show, but they need to keep it moving. I still have to watch tonight's episode.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 09:06 PM   #20
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Next week is the season finale. Things kind of exploded on Sundays episode. The dead are rising in mass! I wonder where the story is going to take us?
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2014, 10:37 PM   #21
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Good, not great season finale. Bad sheriff! Bunches of something that looks like shed cicada skins. Seems a bit biblical. Will keep watching if I can! Abc has not yet announced all of the shows that have been renewed for next season.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.

Last edited by Huntn; May 4, 2014 at 10:44 PM.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fargo TV Show (FX) Spoilers Huntn Community Discussion 25 Jun 30, 2014 09:10 AM
ABC to Stream Oscars Live to 'Watch ABC' iOS App for Select Customers MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 30 Feb 28, 2014 09:14 PM
iOS 7 shown on ABC TV show! Steve~Jobs iOS 7 2 Jun 20, 2013 11:27 AM
Homeland TV show! (Spoilers) WhiteIphone5 Community Discussion 1 May 20, 2013 11:40 AM
Dallas TV Show (TNT)- Unshielded Spoilers Huntn Community Discussion 10 Nov 24, 2012 11:41 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC