Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
very nice. could you show me how to take a picture/capture like that and I'll show you what I get and why I don't want lastpass

The easiest way is do a screen capture by pressing the shift and command keys, then press 3 which will take a picture of your desktop. Then you can add the image by choosing the paperclip in the editor here and upload the file

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
tell me if this is here. this is what I get.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 9.26.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 9.26.35 PM.png
    639.6 KB · Views: 113

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
yup. It sucks. I think I uninstalled it by deleting the extensions. I'm done with lastpass. I'll stick with learning 1password.

See, I said it was 4 toolbars.. lol. and I don't know why. Right now, I'm not interested in finding a fix.
thanks for showing me how your's looked so I know I was not seeing things. Mine just didn't work.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
yup. It sucks. I think I uninstalled it by deleting the extensions. I'm done with lastpass. I'll stick with learning 1password.

See, I said it was 4 toolbars.. lol. and I don't know why. Right now, I'm not interested in finding a fix.
thanks for showing me how your's looked so I know I was not seeing things. Mine just didn't work.

Damn, I wish I could help you because Lastpass is the best password manager as far as I'm concerned. That said, I couldn't live with those toolbars. I'm sure there's someone who's a lot more knowledgeable than me that could help you. Just a note. I've never been a fan of Safari. Used Firefox for years before I switched over to Chrome a few years ago.. Good Luck my friend :)

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
thank you Mr.Mac. I wanted to use it but it said, no for me. :( so you went premium I also take it?

I'm going to get used to my firefox again. I had it before and then started using the Safari because I thought it was safer. But with 1password I think that will help.

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
I'm using 1Password on my imac, my mbpro, my iPad & iPhone.
Isn't cheap but it's a great application.

It's worth every penny!

Thank you for saying exactly what I was going to say.

1Password is probably the best Mac app I have ever used (if and when delicious library comes out with a new app and or mobile app, that might change).

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
thank you Mr.Mac. I wanted to use it but it said, no for me. :( so you went premium I also take it?

I'm going to get used to my firefox again. I had it before and then started using the Safari because I thought it was safer. But with 1password I think that will help.

Nope, I use the free version because I don't own a smart phone or a tablet so the paid version would be a waste for me even though it's only $12 a year.
I'm sure 1password will be fine. Hopefully it won't install another toolbar. That would suck!! lol!

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
when I click on websites and I suppose to go to 1password first?
does it always open another window? How do I get it to open tabs instead?

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
when I click on websites and I suppose to go to 1password first?
does it always open another window? How do I get it to open tabs instead?

Go into Safari's preferences, click the tabs tab and use the setting as seen in the picture below. That should work

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 85

gc916

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
tell me if this is here. this is what I get.
To hide the LastPass Toolbar:

In Safari's menu bar, click View>Hide LastPass Menu Bar.

In Firefox, it's Tools>Add-ons>Extensions>LastPass>Preferences>General>Appearance>check Use Compact Toolbar

I can't find a similar option in Chrome, but all I have is the LastPass icon to the right of the address bar, not a separate menu bar.

Hope this helps.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
To hide the LastPass Toolbar:

In Safari's menu bar, click View>Hide LastPass Menu Bar.

In Firefox, it's Tools>Add-ons>Extensions>LastPass>Preferences>General>Appearance>check Use Compact Toolbar

I can't find a similar option in Chrome, but all I have is the LastPass icon to the right of the address bar, not a separate menu bar.

Hope this helps.

In both Chrome and Firefox, I didn't have to do anything special to have the small lastpass icon to the right of the address bar on both my Macs and PC's. I never had a toolbar. I didn't even know there was an option to have one

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 8.26.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 8.26.31 AM.png
    408 KB · Views: 62

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
I'm going to get 1password up and running today. I like how it works, when it does work. It's just cleaner to me. thanks for the help. Since i had the problem with it, I don't want to go back. There's no one there to help you with you're issues. i.e. support.

at least with 1password the people have been emailing me trying to get it to work on all my devices.

gc916

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
I'm going to get 1password up and running today. I like how it works, when it does work. It's just cleaner to me. thanks for the help. Since i had the problem with it, I don't want to go back. There's no one there to help you with you're issues. i.e. support.

at least with 1password the people have been emailing me trying to get it to work on all my devices.
I'm using 1Password, too. Very happy with it.

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I was able to duplicate the extra toolbar in Firefox (on a pc) for LastPass. I was then able to remove that toolbar (and have LastPass be a single small icon on the main toolbar) by clicking on the Tools drop down menu on the LastPass toolbar, then Preferences and then on the General page of Preferences in the Appearance section place a check mark before "Use Compact Toolbar" and then click OK.

On edit: after I posted this I noticed that gc916 had already posted a similar response -- wishing I had noticed that sooner as it took a bit of time and hunting to find the "Use Compact Toolbar" setting!

Last edited:

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I was able to duplicate the extra toolbar in Firefox (on a pc) for LastPass. I was then able to remove that toolbar (and have LastPass be a single small icon on the main toolbar) by clicking on the Tools drop down menu on the LastPass toolbar, then Preferences and then on the General page of Preferences in the Appearance section place a check mark before "Use Compact Toolbar" and then click OK.

On edit: after I posted this I noticed that gc916 had already posted a similar response -- wishing I had noticed that sooner as it took a bit of time and hunting to find the "Use Compact Toolbar" setting!

I just installed Lastpass and Firefox on a spare PC I had lying around. The default setting is "Use Compact Toolbar" in preferences. I had to manually change it to get the full blown toolbar. I don't understand why some people automaically get the full toolbar when they install Lastpass

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 78

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
Me either mr. McMac but it's a definite turnoff. Now i have to figure out why I'm getting some other booba on my computer when 1password is loaded or if it's a left over script from something else. I didn't have this mess before.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Me either mr. McMac but it's a definite turnoff. Now i have to figure out why I'm getting some other booba on my computer when 1password is loaded or if it's a left over script from something else. I didn't have this mess before.

Private message me and I'll give you my phone number. I'll try my best to help you out. How does that sound?

Deandre

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
I currently use KeyPass on windows, but the mac port is well, kind of ugly. I'm not above spending a few bucks, though I think 1Pass is too pricey. Anybody have/use anything else?

I highly recommend SplashData's SplashID Safe - it's highly economical, as shown in comparison charts. Basic features and capability are just equal to pricy brands. It is the longest-running security developer around with very reliable support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.