[iPad Mini] Anyone think their 10" iPad is now useless now owning the mini? - Page 3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:47 AM   #51
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunster View Post
Just thought I'd get some opinions here about the different needs between the two products. I've owned the iPad 3 (32GB Wi-Fi) since launch. Always loved the device, the resolution, the power of the product and battery life. However, since buying the iPad mini, I'm seeing less usefulness for the iPad 3.

I've literally not touched it since! The balance of portability, power and usefulness has hit the spot for the iPad for me. Taking it on the train is much easier (especially on a cramped tube train) and just the ease of use is ridiculous. I cannot even justify having the iPad 3 sitting at home as a throwaway gadget. My laptop is there for multimedia etc and quite happy to pick up the mini for sofa browsing, reading and general media. The temptation to sell the iPad 3 is almost there (as I wouldnt mind the money only just moving out and want to possibly purchase a Mac Mini to replace my iMac).

Since the release of the iPad mini, have any of your perceptions of how you use a tablet changed and made you think twice about the larger tablet?
I replaced my iMac with a Mac Mini and replaced my iPad 3 with the iPad Mini.

As for your title... Useless? No... Less use, most likely.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:45 AM   #52
hleewell
macrumors 6502

I have handled, and used iPad Mini yesterday and have decided to get one when Apple upgrades the screen to Retina. It is the perfect size for tablet. While other manufacturers prefer a long and narrow form factor, Apple decides on the more practical wide & shorter form. If you hold it with both hands, both your thumbs will able to touch each other at the center, meaning full touch coverage :-). I love it.

forever
iPad Air
hleewell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:38 AM   #53
Hello...
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking monkey View Post
Hang on! You just told the whole internet you got a small... !!

More power to you, man!

But yeah. My eyes now need reading glasses for basically anytime I use a computer, ipad, iphone or when I read. I'll never go down to the mini for this reason. Pity, if my eyes were still good, I'd definitely get it as I fly or ride trains every week.

----------

Yeah... likely story!
Not bad since I am a woman!
Hello... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:07 AM   #54
Tunster
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXiro View Post
I replaced my iMac with a Mac Mini and replaced my iPad 3 with the iPad Mini.

As for your title... Useless? No... Less use, most likely.
This is exactly what I'm doing (after moving out and consequently having less space now). Maybe unless was a harsh word to use. I did mean less useful as I've found the portability of the 8" screen makes it better for my needs. I know some won't need an on the go tablet, so the normal iPad is perfect for them. Just can't wait for a retina iPad mini to shake up the market again as I doubt anyone will get there before Apple.
Tunster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:22 AM   #55
clyde2801
macrumors 601

That's because your 9.7" is useless.

To dispose of these unless and unneeded items responsibly, please send them to:

Useless iPad Disposal Service
c/o Clyde An....

...and please also enclose all boxes, cords, chargers and peripherals. Make sure you also enclose a $10 disposal processing fee.

What? Nobody thinks they're THAT useless?!?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:26 AM   #56
YearlyTangle
macrumors newbie

Not really... depending on the 10" iPad is Retina Display or not. iPad mini is nice and light to carry and all, but my iPad 3 still trumps it in resolution and colour, which is important when showing portfolios to client.
YearlyTangle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad