Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcook55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
I have an IOGear USB Bluetooth adapter and am using it with my Magic Trackpad which works fine except to wake the Mac from sleep. This same combo works fine on my Hackintosh so I know it can work, I find it odd that on a real Mac is doesn't. I'm running 10.7.5 on both. On both the Apple and the Hack neither MT has the option of allowing it to wake the Mac, it's grayed out on both yet it works on one and not on the other.

Ideas?

rcook55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Cool, thanks for the link. I too have been pressing the spacebar, certainly not the end of the world. I still find it odd that the same BT dongle works on my Hack but not on a Mac. Oh well at least the trackpad works fine and thats all that really matters.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Well you could try removing your MP's internal bluetooth card. Perhaps OS X is giving that "priority" over the USB one. That could be the difference between your hack and the mac.

rcook55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Well you could try removing your MP's internal bluetooth card. Perhaps OS X is giving that "priority" over the USB one. That could be the difference between your hack and the mac.

No onboard BT or WiFi, I added both 3rd Party.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.