Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwphoto

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2006
Anyone know how to click on the bottom file/folder in Finder w/o the side scroll bar getting in the way? Trying to open 'zzz_Listing_Spreadsheets' which you can kinda see under the scroll bar. I don't want to use icon view, and I'm not even sure of the best way to describe the problem as a bug report to Apple.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 10.30.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 10.30.03 AM.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 136

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
No, but you could create a dummy folder to hold down that last spot. Since you'd never have to access it, the scroll bar wouldn't be a problem. I use Icon View exclusively, by the way.

smokeyrabbit

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
Escape from New England
I can't duplicate this on my MacBook. Have you checked in System Preferences under General to change the behavior of the scroll bars? Even shen I have the bars to come on only when scrolling, they disappear after half a second so I can click on the bottom item. When I have them set to be always on the bottom item is never obscured by the bars.

Edit: Now I did it. I can get that to happen when I have When Scrolling ticked and don't give the system a second to make the bars disappear. Just hold the mouse still (or pick your finger up off the trackpad) once you've scrolled to the bottom of the list. Or set your bars to always on.

bwphoto

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2006
Thanks Smokeyrabbit and Gregg. I didn't think I was being impatient -- they just wouldn't get out of the way when I was moused over/near the last item in the list.

Turning the scroll bars to always on has done the trick!

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
An alternate method, assuming you just want to open it, is to select the item above it, press down arrow to select the last file and then press (cmd+o) or (cmd+↓).

I do hate this though and consider it quite annoying even though it isn't really an issue too often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.