Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
I was on the fence whether to renew or not but decided to try google play since its free and has higher limits. Im not sure how the integration is going to be with itunes. I think one of the reasons i didnt renew is that every week or so i'll get logged out on my laptop at work and it'll ask to sign in and spend a few minutes scanning and it drove me crazy. Besides that it seemed to work pretty well in the pst year.

I have about 20,000 songs in iTunes, and i found this size database to be too large for my iPhone to handle smoothly.

Anyone else decide not to renew for $25?

roebeet

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2010
Everyone's reasons for using are different. In my case, I couldn't justify what I was using it for to renew it, at least not at this time. I had gotten it on Day One of the USA rollout.

So I was planning to let it lapse...but so far it's still working. At least the fat client is. Go figure.

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
I got it last year mainly to replace all my <256 songs with 256 without re-ripping all the CDs. I don't keep music on my phone so can't think of a reason to keep it except for backup of my music.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
i LOVE LOVE LOVE iTunes match. Use it everyday. It has my iPod classic sitting and gathering dust.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i only use it to back up the songs i barely listen to anymore because i only have an 128 SSD in my mbp.

i dont have much use for the rest of the service however. i'm just too used to synching the stuff i actually want i guess and the service seems to unreliable to me.

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
UK
The main reason I subscribed to iTunes Match was to save space on my iPhone and stream. But my phone network provider was that slow on 3G it just simply didn't work. So 12months later, I have not renew.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I have about 10k songs, only about 3k on my device. I basically consider Match an off-site backup, probably (hopefully) more reliable than the one I have on my computer and external hard drive. Just knowing it's backed up in one more place is worth the $25 to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.