Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrayApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
http://www.razerzone.com/switchblade
Does anyone else remember the Switchblade? It was a seven-inch UMPC(remember those) that was supposed to be for gaming. It wasn't too well received. It had an Atom processor and used a touch screen instead of a trackpad. I was actually pretty excited about it. I loved the idea of handheld gaming with tripleA titles, but now it appears to be vapor ware. Was anyone else looking forward to it? Does anyone else even remember it?:confused:

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
I don't even remember it. I do remember a handful of new mobile gaming platforms coming out, but as I remember they all dived not being able to compete with nintendo, sony, and apple.

jamesbarns

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
Cedar Hills, Utah
I actually completely forgot about that as well! I remember watching a few videos on it and was pretty excited about what I saw, but it's a shame that it didn't turn out to be all that great. Hopefully somebody will be able to come out with something worthwhile, the idea of it is fantastic!

GrayApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
I actually completely forgot about that as well! I remember watching a few videos on it and was pretty excited about what I saw, but it's a shame that it didn't turn out to be all that great. Hopefully somebody will be able to come out with something worthwhile, the idea of it is fantastic!

I actually have a renewed hope for this product. AMD announced their Temash chips, which look like they would be perfect for a system like this! Even Intel's new Baytrail chips(which have Ivy Bridge graphics) could be used for the light gaming I would expect on this system!:D
I'm hoping we'll see an announcement from Razer soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.