Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Aug 17, 2013, 03:52 PM   #26
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsNotMe View Post
So someone who gets pregnant while in a relationship by cheating on their partner and then tries to pass off the baby as their partners isn't a slut?

Throw on the fact that the woman is not only cheating but clearly also not using protection.

I think that is more or less the definition of a slut.
And since a guy can't get pregnant...he can screw anyone he want and is a stud...right?

And since when is contraception solely the responsibility if the woman?

What a lot of misogynistic crap!
Old Aug 17, 2013, 04:00 PM   #27
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603

Quote:
So someone who gets pregnant while in a relationship by cheating on their partner and then tries to pass off the baby as their partners isn't a slut?

Throw on the fact that the woman is not only cheating but clearly also not using protection.

I think that is more or less the definition of a slut.
Actually, it is your definition of what you understand the term to mean, rather than the more usual definition which is confined to describing female promiscuity (and, of course, in the usual double standard where sexually active adults are concerned, use of this insulting term is reserved for women, naturally. Sexually promiscuous men are seen as 'players'.)

What bothers me is the casual, contemptuous misogyny, and the deeply dismissive attitude towards sexually active women that your post reveals.

As usual, much of this deep dislike of sexually active women comes down to a desire for control.

And no, a woman who cheats on her partner is a person who cheats on their partner. The dismissive and insulting term slut should be consigned to the Middle Ages from whence it came.
Scepticalscribe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 05:34 PM   #28
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
Actually, it is your definition of what you understand the term to mean, rather than the more usual definition which is confined to describing female promiscuity (and, of course, in the usual double standard where sexually active adults are concerned, use of this insulting term is reserved for women, naturally. Sexually promiscuous men are seen as 'players'.)

What bothers me is the casual, contemptuous misogyny, and the deeply dismissive attitude towards sexually active women that your post reveals.

As usual, much of this deep dislike of sexually active women comes down to a desire for control.

And no, a woman who cheats on her partner is a person who cheats on their partner. The dismissive and insulting term slut should be consigned to the Middle Ages from whence it came.
Well the fact is ...... there is plenty of double standards in life.

For Example: A women can give up her baby for adoption, drop her newborn at a police station or church, or simply leave the grandparents to raise the child. General consensus would be ...... "She doesn't have her life together", "She's going though rough times", "At least she's responsible enough to give up her child to someone better suited", and so on.

The General consensus for a father walking out ........ "Dead beat dad", "Dead beat dad", "Dead beat dad", "No good piece of **** dead beat dad", and so on.

The word misandrist exists too.

IMO ..... Any women who cheats and knowingly trying to pin the baby on someone who's not the father is a slut x100. Say what you want, but when it happens to you, you'll think the same. And I experienced a situation of a women trying to do that to me, and it was the last person I would have ever thought would to do something like that.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 05:59 PM   #29
ThisIsNotMe
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
And since a guy can't get pregnant...he can screw anyone he want and is a stud...right?

And since when is contraception solely the responsibility if the woman?

What a lot of misogynistic crap!
How exactly is contraception solely the responsibility of the woman?

A man (even if they use a condom) shouldn't sleep with a woman who is not on the pill if he doesn't want a child.
Conversely, a woman (even if they are on the pill) shouldn't sleep with a man who is not using a condom.

Contraception is the responsibility of both parties, ensuring they are using it and ensuring their partner is using it.
ThisIsNotMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 06:07 PM   #30
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030

Quote:
How exactly is contraception solely the responsibility of the woman?

A man (even if they use a condom) shouldn't sleep with a woman who is not on the pill if he doesn't want a child.
Conversely, a woman (even if they are on the pill) shouldn't sleep with a man who is not using a condom.

Contraception is the responsibility of both parties, ensuring they are using it and ensuring their partner is using it.
I understand your logic. But taking the pill is not as light of a matter as putting a condom on, nor is the effect as immediate. The only side effect you can get from a condom is if you have an allergic reaction. The pill is a whole differ story, women have died from blood clots and other complications from the pill.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 06:43 PM   #31
ThisIsNotMe
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
I understand your logic. But taking the pill is not as light of a matter as putting a condom on, nor is the effect as immediate. The only side effect you can get from a condom is if you have an allergic reaction. The pill is a whole differ story, women have died from blood clots and other complications from the pill.
The pill was just one example.
Other options include the sponge, an IUD, ect.

There is no excuse for both parties not using birth control.
ThisIsNotMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 06:53 PM   #32
jnpy!$4g3cwk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb190 View Post
Let me tell you the problem with DNA testing.
1) It's expensive.
How expensive? Expensive compared to the financial impact of a crime, of a false conviction, of the cost of letting a violent criminal free? Violent crimes cost a lot of money to begin with, so, how much would a few DNA tests add?

And, how expensive would it be, if a lot more tests were run all the time? Edit: It sounds like you know a lot about it, knowledge and experience, as well as costs, and I would like to know more. Most of us really don't know what it looks like from an inside-the-lab perspective.

Quote:
2) It's slow - I laugh every time I see a TV show where someone runs DNA in 20 minutes - or even 20 hours. It is really expensive to set up a certified lab and the few labs that do exist are swamped. If you are going to do it right, maintain the chain of evidence, and be sure the results will hold up in court, it takes time.
What is there about the process that takes time? How long does the actual test take?

Quote:
3) In many cases, there just isn't any DNA to compare against. Sometimes there is no suspect, sometimes there is no evidence.
True, it isn't a panacea.

Quote:
4) It is not perfect - I dealt with a case last week where the PCR was messed up on a virus index. They had to send the results out to a different lab to double check it. Turned out it was a false positive. Would have sucked to have taken regulatory action on that one only to have to reverse it.
It isn't a panacea and it isn't a replacement for quality work. Everybody is shedding DNA all the time all over the place. Quality work takes time and money.

Quote:
5) There is not just one DNA test out there. The testing that is run depends on the quantity and quality of the samples and the desired result. It takes a professional to know not only how to isolate the DNA, but what to do with it once you have it.
I think there are a lot of people in prison who got there through wrongful convictions, and others who avoided incarceration, for the same reason -- because quality work costs money. I can't speak for everyone, but, I think that quality law enforcement is worth paying for.

Quote:
Yeah, but like I said its not going to happen because the progressives will cue the 'war on woman' narrative as they don't want woman exposed as sluts.
Sometimes someone posts something that just reveals so much. Amazing.

Last edited by jnpy!$4g3cwk; Aug 17, 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Something missing. Typo.
jnpy!$4g3cwk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 07:10 PM   #33
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030

Quote:

We'll have to disagree on that one. Those who want to build a fortress around their privates should just not have sex.

But I do believe, there is no excuse for any women to allow a man to be unprotected if she isn't ready for a child or doesn't want a child with that man. It's takes two to consent.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 09:53 PM   #34
NickZac
macrumors 68000

Quote:

From a sense of responsibility, I agree.

I think the bigger issue though is someone choosing who they go to bed with...people don't always think rationally, and they often do not realize the implications of their actions. When someone has sex, there is always a chance of pregnancy and always a chance of STIs. If someone is going to get jiggy, they would be well-advised to discuss important issues BEFORE they have sex. For example, if a person is strongly pro-choice, and their potential partner is strongly pro-life, they should give some serious thought and discussion to their intended action(s). When you have two consenting adults choosing to have sex, they choose to make a calculated risk, and they themselves have to accept the benefits/consequences that can arise. If someone believes that if a pregnancy occurred that their partner would do everything to avoid accepting any responsibility, they should probably not have sex with someone of such low character. If someone is considering a potential partner and that person lacks integrity, then consideration to the implications of associated with someone lacking character need to be given some thought.

There are tons of men who desert their partners as soon as they learn their partner is pregnant...words cannot describe my disdain for that type of man and it reflects a society that often attempts to place the blame on someone else instead of standing up, taking responsibility, and being accountable for one's actions. Scum like that who walk out on everything and everyone because they only care about themselves are people best avoided, especially in bed. People have the free will to choose their partners and to choose if they have sex and who they have sex with. With this right in choice, one has to accept that their decisions can have tremendous positive or negative affect on their life, and that if they exercise poor moral judgment, they, along with their partner/partners, are accountable for their actions. That's the personal choice and responsibility part, which is often lacking in todays relationships.
NickZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues